PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or did TILT suck?

willthethrill
06-05-2005, 06:46 PM
i watched a few episodes of TILT on ESPN hoping to see some cool poker show. It was awful it had barely any actual poker. When there was poker it was like madsen making a straight flush and beating a guy with quads. It was like "The OC" for poker. Am i the only with this thought?

ismisus
06-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Welcome to 6 months ago?

Nick B.
06-05-2005, 07:51 PM
It was just you.

Clarkmeister
06-05-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i watched a few episodes of TILT on ESPN hoping to see some cool poker show. It was awful it had barely any actual poker. When there was poker it was like madsen making a straight flush and beating a guy with quads. It was like "The OC" for poker. Am i the only with this thought?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a TV Drama. It's not supposted to be realistic. That's like complaining about Law and Order saying there's no way that so many complex and frequently solvable crimes would all occur in the same people's jurisdiction.

That said, yeah, it still sucked.

henrikrh
06-05-2005, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tilt was awesome, one of the best reality shows yet. I feel like I can relate because I often have to pull out the heat at my home game when some guy is string betting or colluding, I'm all like "Biatch check my pocket pair of nines! Nine milimeters!" POW! POW!

That's the beauty of no limit.

tytygoodnuts
06-06-2005, 03:06 AM
I like Tilt because the fish like it.

B Dids
06-06-2005, 11:33 AM
Are you a gimmic poster with the goal of posting old stale topics?

SinCityGuy
06-06-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i watched a few episodes of TILT on ESPN hoping to see some cool poker show. It was awful it had barely any actual poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I quit watching General Hospital for similar reasons. I was expecting to see a good show about the innner workings of a hospital, and it turned out to be a soap opera instead.

Blackjack
06-07-2005, 02:51 AM
I found it somewhat entertaining to watch Tilt after The OC on Thursdays. It's not a huge loss, but there aren't very many TV shows that I avidly follow. I might have to add Lost and Scrubs to the list after I watch the first seasons of DVD.