PDA

View Full Version : Knocking Over a Motorcycle

joecash
06-05-2005, 05:57 PM
Suppose you barely knocked over a motorcycle in a parking lot - just a little tap. What do you do?

A) Leave contact info in case there is damage.

B) Do nothing - these bikes fall over all the time, so no big deal.

The Stranger
06-05-2005, 06:00 PM
did anyone see it happen?

Shillx
06-05-2005, 06:03 PM
these bikes fall over all the time, so no big deal.

Hah yeah right. This type of stuff has to be reported so you can tell someone when you sell it or trade it in. This will instantly take like half of the value away from the bike. Once it has been dropped, it is a POS.

Brad

balkii
06-05-2005, 06:14 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Suppose you barely knocked over a motorcycle in a parking lot - just a little tap. What do you do?

B) Be a complete douchebag

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

brassnuts
06-05-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

B) Do nothing - these bikes fall over all the time, so no big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't choose A), you're a complete ass.

mostsmooth
06-05-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
these bikes fall over all the time, so no big deal.

Hah yeah right. This type of stuff has to be reported so you can tell someone when you sell it or trade it in. This will instantly take like half of the value away from the bike. Once it has been dropped, it is a POS.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]
please ignore the above.

Kurn, son of Mogh
06-05-2005, 07:20 PM
Regardless of the choice, you should be beaten senseless.

bort411
06-05-2005, 07:23 PM
I will refer you to Pee Wee's Big Adventure. All your answers lie in that jewel.

rusty JEDI
06-05-2005, 11:12 PM
The cost to get any fairing work done on a bike will be more than the cost of the deductable. Add to that scratched mirrors, bar ends, levers, and can and any drop is expensive.

If i saw you do this i would definitely take your plates down and report you as a hit and run.

rJ

BusterStacks
06-05-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Regardless of the choice, you should be beaten senseless.

[/ QUOTE ]

joecash
06-06-2005, 11:37 AM
These bikes seem so "tippable" when they are parked anywhere. I mean if you tapped a car the same way, there wouldn't even be a dent, but these bikes tumble.

Bluffoon
06-06-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
These bikes seem so "tippable" when they are parked anywhere. I mean if you tapped a car the same way, there wouldn't even be a dent, but these bikes tumble.

[/ QUOTE ]

It appears to me that you have a problem taking responsibility for your actions.

Hiding
06-06-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you randomly hit cars and don't take responsibility for that either? Do you drive by braile?

SomethingClever
06-06-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Suppose you barely knocked over a motorcycle in a parking lot

[/ QUOTE ]

"Barely" knocked it over???? You either knocked it over or you didn't. You could tip it over with a bunny wrapped in velvet and it's still going to sustain damage from hitting the ground. Most bikes weigh between 300-500 lbs.

Guy tipped my bike over once... luckily it fell into a soft pile of dirt, so the only damage was to one of the rear view mirrors.

Still, I was very disturbed to come home and find it on its side. The guy said he tried to pick it up but couldn't (he was a Caltech student, after all).

SomethingClever
06-06-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I mean if you tapped a car the same way, there wouldn't even be a dent, but these bikes tumble.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect if the owner were on hand, he would have "tapped" your face a few times.