PDA

View Full Version : Super System--the reprint

mikelow
12-31-2002, 06:54 PM
On the way back from Caliente (took Purdue +2 in the Sun Bowl), I stopped at the Borders store in Mission Viejo. In the games section was the reprint (that's all, a reprint and no updates) of Super System published by Cardoza for $29.95.

Sine poker has changed so much in 25 years, the main points of interest were the photos of Bobby Baldwin in a 70s afro and Joey Hawthorne (where is he now?).

Any comments?

DPCondit
12-31-2002, 11:32 PM
I read once on RGP that Joey Hawthorne passed away due to substance abuse problems. I don't know when.

Don

Martin Aigner
01-01-2003, 08:35 AM
Even though poker changed a lot in the last 25 years, there still is enogh value in this book. Especially the NLHE section I like a lot, although Iīm not a good enough player to play Doyles style. Anyway, there were some things I really dindīt even consider before reading it in his book.

Regards

Martin Aigner

Daliman
01-01-2003, 03:45 PM
Joey is no longer with us. Drugs seemed to be the culprit.

MtSmalls
01-07-2003, 08:20 PM
Does that make this edition worthless for a learning player, or rather worth less than the updated edition?? I was thinking of picking this one up, I saw the same paperback version and wonder now if its worth the $30??