PDA

View Full Version : Memorial golf tournament - get watching

ClaytonN
06-05-2005, 05:36 PM
Fredddy Couples chasing Bart Bryant

Bryant put his tee shot on #18 BARELY out of the water, but if he's gonna hit it he will have to put his slacks up Van de Velde style and hack it out. Otherwise he'll drop.

And Couples just hit the shot of the tournament on 17.

Good golf.

trying2learn
06-05-2005, 05:45 PM
by the way - bryant makes par there - what a stud.

brassnuts
06-05-2005, 06:05 PM
I've always been a huge Couples fan. I really wanted him to pull through here, too bad. But, if anyone, Bryant seemed like a good enough guy to take it and really deserved this one.

Rushmore
06-05-2005, 06:48 PM
Please tell me someone else noticed this:

On #9, David Toms was in the first stages of the wheels disengaging. He rolled a birdie put like 6 feet past, and then missed the comebacker.

As he went up to knock in the third putt on the green, he heard someone say something he didn't like, and did a double-take, stepping away for a second. Then he walked up and knocked it in.

As he was leaving the green, he did a CLASSIC middle finger "nose scratch" in the general direction of the heckler. It was caught perfectly by the camera.

I really hope someone else saw this, because it was really priceless.

brassnuts
06-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Damn, I know exactly what your talking about, and remember the double-take, but I missed the middle finger. I'm pissed.

Homer
06-05-2005, 07:41 PM
As he was leaving the green, he did a CLASSIC middle finger "nose scratch" in the general direction of the heckler. It was caught perfectly by the camera.

I saw this also and was 100% sure it was intentional, as he had glared in that general direction after running his first putt by the hole, then again after missing the comeback putt. I was screwing around with some live trading on WSEX and sold him immediately after seeing that.