PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Do If You Were Rich?

Jazza
06-05-2005, 05:29 PM
suppose you have the ability to make one trillion US dollars a year from the US stock market, what would you do?

i asked one of my friends this the other day, and he said he would try to build a fleet of spaceships, i thought that answer sucked

istewart
06-05-2005, 05:30 PM
Bonus whore.

sublime
buy a sports team, probably baseball.

The Stranger
Two chicks at the same time.

trying2learn
06-05-2005, 05:33 PM
i would party extremely hard (and die young no doubt), and give a lot of money away. i sincerely would research and find good outlets - ie charity and foundation work.

if you could make that much money - your only two priorities (imo) should be to enjoy it and to try and help others.

Roan
06-05-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
buy a sports team, probably baseball.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too, all of my get rich quick schemes end in me buying the orioles

Alobar
06-05-2005, 05:47 PM
id pay of our natinal debt. I'd make a comment here about how id wait until gee dub left office, because otherwise it wouldnt help any, as hed just [censored] it up, but then I realized this isnt the politics forum, and so now im not going to say that.

I'd by my own island, stock it with hot naked chicks, and then spend the rest of my life doing absolutely nothing (except the hot chicks of course).

tbach24
06-05-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd by my own island, stock it with hot naked chicks, and then spend the rest of my life doing absolutely nothing (except the hot chicks of course).

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than this, I'd give buttloads to Africa.

twang
06-05-2005, 05:50 PM
I would maniac 4-tables of $300/600 while abusing the chat.

/twang

WillMagic
06-05-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
id pay of our natinal debt. I'd make a comment here about how id wait until gee dub left office, because otherwise it wouldnt help any, as hed just [censored] it up, but then I realized this isnt the politics forum, and so now im not going to say that.

[/ QUOTE ]

a) you don't have enough to pay of the national debt

b) paying off the national debt would actually be one of the most useless things you could do with the money anyway

Personally if I had that kind of money I'd buy a small country. Or, if no countries are for sale, I'll just go Richard Branson style and buy an island.

Will

trying2learn
06-05-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would maniac 4-tables of $300/600 while abusing the chat.

/twang

[/ QUOTE ]

best answer so far

Alobar
06-05-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why?

WillMagic
06-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Dude you sound like a politician.

"We must pay off the national debt because debt sounds like a bad thing. Africa? Who the hell cares?"

The reason is that the vast parts of the continents are ravaged by aids and have no running water or power, and any big expenditure could do vast amounts of good for a vast amount of people.

Will

Shilly
06-05-2005, 05:56 PM
I'd move to the United Arab Emirates and buy one of those islands in "The World." Or maybe just the whole thing...

Cubswin
06-05-2005, 05:59 PM
Id take over the tribune company and buy all the best ball players (ala the yankees) and offer huge bonuses to the players if they could bring one home for chicago.

After this was done, i think if would have to go after the aforementioned island with naked chicks....

Then id buy me some lakes up in canada... and some beach front property down in latin america... with naked chicks of course...

Then id host a 2+2 invitational poker tourny at one of my properties with the naked chicks... naked chicks would be under the table of course... there would be two ways to bust out of this tourny...

Oh yeah... id help out the poor too...

cubs

mistrpug
06-05-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What Would You Do If You Were Rich?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not work.

Alobar
06-05-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude you sound like a politician.

"We must pay off the national debt because debt sounds like a bad thing. Africa? Who the hell cares?"

The reason is that the vast parts of the continents are ravaged by aids and have no running water or power, and any big expenditure could do vast amounts of good for a vast amount of people.

Will

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had trillions of dollars, I wouldnt pay off the debt, it was jus the only thing I could think of that I could do with trillions of dollars, that I couldnt do if I just regular stupid rich (i.e. billions of dollars).

Money isnt going to help africa any. Africa needs education. Africa has proven it doesnt want education.

brassnuts
06-05-2005, 06:09 PM
I would buy up a whole lot of commercial air time and barrage America with a bunch of "Did You Know" sort of public announcements to discredite all of the idiotic crap you see on television.

wacki
06-05-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
buy the Red Sox.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

wacki
06-05-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would buy up a whole lot of commercial air time and barrage America with a bunch of "Did You Know" sort of public announcements to discredite all of the idiotic crap you see on television.

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh

Although it would be cheaper to have your own news station.

tbach24
06-05-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I read your response to Will, so I will expand. I would hire a bunch of just out of college kids and just out of univeristy people to go over there and make things better. Give them great wages so they'll want to go. I'd make everything good there.

Alobar
06-05-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would hire a bunch of just out of college kids and just out of univeristy people to go over there and make things better.

[/ QUOTE ]

They already have this, its called the peace corps. Obviously it hasnt helped any.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd make everything good there.

[/ QUOTE ]

very noble, but like most things, simply throwing money at a problem wont fix it.

MarkL444
06-05-2005, 06:27 PM
buy the MLB, make a salary cap/floor/etc

feed poor people and such

Jazza
06-05-2005, 06:53 PM
i thought i would chime in here on the africa thing, yeah i'm one of those guys who would try and 'fix' africa, and it seems easy to me:

find a really smart dude who is an expert on economics and politics and all that, pay him enough to get him to do whatever you want, give him a 500 billion a year budget, and tell him to 'fix' africa

OtisTheMarsupial
06-05-2005, 06:59 PM
40 billion (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2503684&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1) or so to help the world's poor

The rest split between a) reinvestments and b) education, travel, romance and leisure.

Duke
06-05-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i thought i would chime in here on the africa thing, yeah i'm one of those guys who would try and 'fix' africa, and it seems easy to me:

find a really smart dude who is an expert on economics and politics and all that, pay him enough to get him to do whatever you want, give him a 500 billion a year budget, and tell him to 'fix' africa

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd fix America.

~D

mason55
06-05-2005, 07:07 PM
I would hire a spin doctor. I would give him most of the money and tell him to distribute it and publicize me and make me look really really good. nothing political so that everyone would love me.

mean while I would be on an island filled with hookers and blow.

Jazza
06-05-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd fix America.

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

fix what? americans have a pretty good standard of living yeah?

or you mean like make it better?

Jazza
06-05-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would hire a spin doctor. I would give him most of the money and tell him to distribute it and publicize me and make me look really really good. nothing political so that everyone would love me.

[/ QUOTE ]

good answer, although i would probably not have the blow, i have an addictive personality

Senor Choppy
06-05-2005, 07:09 PM
Buy up any available commercial airtime to set piles of money on fire, laughing maniacally while wearing nothing but a top hat and monocle.

tbach24
06-05-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why hookers as opposed to beautiful celebrities? I think the fact taht hookers have been with so many people is a huge turnoff.

doppler
06-05-2005, 07:11 PM
Tropical island filled with hot naked chicks is a given of course.

I would spend most of the money on longevity research. I donīt want to die anytime soon, especially not if I had my own tropical island filled with hot naked women.

kiffl
06-05-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tropical island filled with hot naked chicks is a given of course.

I would spend most of the money on longevity research. I donīt want to die anytime soon, especially not if I had my own tropical island filled with hot naked women.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with what he said, and give 500 billion or so to charity.

mason55
06-05-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why hookers as opposed to beautiful celebrities? I think the fact taht hookers have been with so many people is a huge turnoff.

[/ QUOTE ]

when you pay a woman to come to an island and have sex with you, it makes her a hooker. i don't care if she was a hooker before but she sure as hell is now.

imported_CaseClosed326
06-05-2005, 07:14 PM
Buy the world a coke.

tbach24
06-05-2005, 07:15 PM
Okay. Perhaps since you're so rich and going to be living such an awesome lifestyle, they'd come with for free?

Now that I'm done being a nit, how many women would you bring and a tentative list?

ChipWrecked
06-05-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Two chicks at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

A guy like me, man?

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mason55
06-05-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay. Perhaps since you're so rich and going to be living such an awesome lifestyle, they'd come with for free?

Now that I'm done being a nit, how many women would you bring and a tentative list?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I probably wouldn't bring celebrities, except Eva Longoria. I would bring a couple girls of a bunch of different styles, so if I had jungle fever one day I could have my choice of a couple black girls. I would also ensure that I had a wide variety of sexual preferences in the girls so that I could have a 3some or tie a girl up or anything else I might be able to think of.

Also there would obviously have to be a way to get the girls off the island once I was done with them and wanted new ones. I guess I could use the same transport that will be bringing me my alcohol and drugs.

Dr. Strangelove
06-05-2005, 07:28 PM
With $1 trillion a year I would rule the globe very quickly. And with an iron fist, bitches.

deacsoft
06-05-2005, 07:28 PM
If I had my way; I'd never work. I'd just stay home all day... watch Scarface 50 times... eat a turkey sandwich, and have sex all [censored] day. Then I'd dress up like a clown, and surprise kids at schools. Then I'd take a dump in the back of a movie theater... and just wait... 'till somebody sat in it... and hear it squish... that's funny to me. Then I'd paint, read, and play violin. I'd climb the mountains and sing the songs that I like to sing. But I don't got that kind of time.

augie00
06-05-2005, 07:30 PM
I would be Paul Phillips.

Voltron87
06-05-2005, 07:42 PM
If I were a million billionaire... let's just say the New York Yankees payroll would approach 10,000,000,000 dollars. Maybe crash one of my satelites into Fenway.

nothumb
06-05-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Money isnt going to help africa any. Africa needs education. Africa has proven it doesnt want education.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. This is just awful, dude. If you want to take a mulligan, go ahead.

NT

twang
06-05-2005, 07:47 PM
Winner.

/twang

Voltron87
06-05-2005, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Africa needs education. Africa has proven it doesnt want education.

[/ QUOTE ]

youre incredibly ignorant.

wacki
06-05-2005, 07:52 PM
I'd buy nothumb a decent car stereo. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2506921&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1)

StevieG
06-05-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. This is just awful, dude. If you want to take a mulligan, go ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Africa certainly wants for good leadership. Charity only seems to make it easier for the current leaders to treat their own people poorly.

TimM
06-05-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good, and also for those who want to help the Africans and other poor in the world, spend it on research to solve their problems, rather than give it directly.

So there you go, spend it on cancer, cardiovascular diseases, AIDS, and energy research.

Ray Zee
06-05-2005, 10:57 PM
i would put it in the bank with the rest of my money. then maybe buy one of those apple ipods.

Jakesta
06-05-2005, 10:58 PM
Two chicks at the same time, man.

shant
06-05-2005, 11:07 PM
Absolutely nothing. I would be a professional relaxer.

Sponger15SB
06-05-2005, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I had my way; I'd never work. I'd just stay home all day... watch Scarface 50 times... eat a turkey sandwich, and have sex all [censored] day. Then I'd dress up like a clown, and surprise kids at schools. Then I'd take a dump in the back of a movie theater... and just wait... 'till somebody sat in it... and hear it squish... that's funny to me. Then I'd paint, read, and play violin. I'd climb the mountains and sing the songs that I like to sing. But I don't got that kind of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

deacsoft you are god for digging this up. I miss the chappelle show /images/graemlins/frown.gif

SpearsBritney
06-05-2005, 11:26 PM
dude, you can take a dump in a movie theater for less than $10

BadBoyBenny
06-05-2005, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a) you don't have enough to pay of the national debt

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually he would at its current valuation.

[ QUOTE ]
b) paying off the national debt would actually be one of the most useless things you could do with the money anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true, especially when compared to two chicks at the same time.

TStoneMBD
06-06-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If I were a million billionaire... let's just say the New York Yankees payroll would approach 10,000,000,000 dollars. Maybe crash one of my satelites into Fenway.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was actually going to be my answer as well.

i also like the longevity idea, or maybe research how to create the "lucid dream" from vanilla sky, so that i can live an eternal life of happiness inside of a frozen block of ice.

id buy a nuke and blow up wisconsin. ok maybe i wouldnt but itd be funny.

i would build a house out of legos. a real one.

i would build an under-the-sea mansion and pump oxygen into it.

i would then clone millions of tropical fish and stock them into a sectored part of the ocean neaby my house and figure out a way to have the ecosystem maintain itself.

i would build the tallest skyscraper in the world and plant it right in the middle of some quiet farmland in a random dumb state.

id buy central park and pay security guards to keep everyone out of the area while im vacating in thailand.

there would be a walmart within every square half mile of the country.

id buy a half trillion dollars worth of oil and burn it.

...for starters

DaveKForty7
06-06-2005, 12:58 AM
Blow it on the ponies.

4thstreetpete
06-06-2005, 01:10 AM
play poker

pshreck
06-06-2005, 01:12 AM
No man could test me, impress me, my cash flow would never ever end.

Reef
06-06-2005, 01:19 AM
make all family and friends millionaires

Hire professionals in each field of my hobbies (Poker, dancing, lifting, piano, tennis) to be my personal training coaches.

Own ginormous arcade(s)

Probably throw a charity kegger twice a week. Kegs with Cristal, that is.

Russ McGinley
06-06-2005, 01:20 AM
Hire my very own personal ball washer. What'd you guys buy, another car? HAHAHAHAHA!

(lewis black rules)

nothumb
06-06-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd buy nothumb a decent car stereo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww.

What's funny is that I have like 3 or 4 car CD players that I've picked up over the years from other vehicles, but I've never installed one because some won't fit very easily, I'm lazy, etc. I also have some nice tweeters and two 8x10's that I never put in, they're just sitting in my attic.

Also, I have a lot of tapes, some of which have sentimental value, and this is the last situation in which I have real need for a tape player.

BTW if I was very, very rich, I would cockslap the Pope.

NT

wacki
06-06-2005, 02:06 AM
I suggest you stop being lazy

http://www.installdr.com/

GET TO WORK BITCH!!!!!!

I like the cockslapping the pope thing. Nice touch. How are things going? I haven't talked to you in ages. OOT is just too BIG!!!!!

david050173
06-06-2005, 02:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Two chicks at the same time, man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what you do with 1 million dollars. With 1 trillion, I am doing Jessica Alba and Jessica Biel (that way I don't have to worry about remember thier names) at the same time. Heck maybe Jessica Simpson also...

nothumb
06-06-2005, 02:36 AM
It is starting to be very nice out lately, maybe I'll get around to it. I tend to suck at these things though, mainly because I usually decide to do them when I've been sitting around with a case of beer. I get impatient.

Things are okay here. Been keeping kind of a low profile lately. No complaints.

NT

WillMagic
06-06-2005, 09:30 AM
Here's the thing: what good does education do you if you don't have clean water? Or basic immunizations? Or electricity? Or CONDOMS? How do you expect their economies to develop if they don't have these basic necessities? I'm not saying just give money to their politicians. I'm saying contract out power and water supplies for these people.

Will

Jeff W
06-06-2005, 09:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
id pay of our natinal debt.

[/ QUOTE ]

The national debt is about $7.8 Trillion. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

einbert
06-06-2005, 09:35 AM
Travel a lot, relax, probably play high stakes poker.

Have sex with beautiful young women from all over the globe.

Drink a lot, do a lot of expensive drugs.

Invest enough of it that I'd never have to worry about money again.

beta1607
06-06-2005, 09:46 AM
I would buy the Los Angeles Angeles of Anaheim and change them back to the Anaheim Angeles to keep me occupied during the spring and summers and then I would buy a private Island paradise to spend winters at. I would never spend another day living somewhere the temp. dropped to less then 65 degrees.

mmbt0ne
06-06-2005, 10:09 AM
Other than the obvious toys, women, islands, etc:

a) Buy Atlanta some decent sports fans
b) Give wacki lots of money to disperse among his scientist friends so that all those weird things he always posts about actually are available to everybody (or at least me)
c) Martingale a casino until they bust
d) Take over said casino
e) Become a master thief a la Thomas Crown
f) Buy the Chrysler Building, and then add onto it, so it's taller than the Empire State Building.

Stu Pidasso
06-06-2005, 10:24 AM
Id have my face carved into the side of a mountain. Kinda like Mount Rushmore only bigger.

Also, I'd construct the worlds tallest building as a dedication to my long shlong. I'd fill the building with hot naked chicks of course.

Stu

swolfe
06-06-2005, 11:42 AM
i'd perform experiments on the population...use the money to make people do humiliating acts...find out what everyone's price is. you know, indecent proposal type stuff. that would be very entertaining.

oooh, i just thought of another one...i'd offer people wagers. like, what kind of odds would it take to make you wager your life savings on a coin flip. man, the joy and sorrows that could come from that!

i'd also just play a lot of video games and invest heavily in VR and cybernetic implants.

ggbman
06-06-2005, 12:03 PM
I would buy the $3500 massage chair at sharper image that is better then anything in the world, slap it in my new mansion with an 80 inch Plasma TV upgrade to the biggest computer monitors in the world, and get a bunch of cards. (745IL, ferrari, maybe a 911 turbo, ect...)

Sponger15SB
06-06-2005, 12:12 PM
The first thought that came to my head was paying a ton of chicks to give my blowjob's like 10x a day.

I'd just ring a bell and some hot chick would come over and suck me off while I'm watching TV or online or taking a shower or a dump or whatever.

Your Mom
06-06-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's the thing: what good does education do you if you don't have clean water? Or basic immunizations? Or electricity? Or CONDOMS? How do you expect their economies to develop if they don't have these basic necessities? I'm not saying just give money to their politicians. I'm saying contract out power and water supplies for these people.

Will

[/ QUOTE ]

Africa has warehouses full of condoms.

offTopic
06-06-2005, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Buy up any available commercial airtime to set piles of money on fire, laughing maniacally while wearing nothing but a top hat and monocle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you and this guy...

http://thebasement.bighet.com/media/article_images/peanut.jpg

superleeds
06-06-2005, 12:27 PM
n/m

sfer
06-06-2005, 01:46 PM
If I felt like dumping it all I would stake Fish Daddy Cool.

gorie
06-06-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
suppose you have the ability to make one trillion US dollars a year from the US stock market, what would you do?

[/ QUOTE ]
i would complain to the less fortunate about how poor i am.

oh wait, i forgot i am not schneids. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stu Pidasso
06-06-2005, 01:53 PM
Oh I forgot one.

I'd wipe my ass with $50 bills.....unless of course chili was on the menu, then I'd use $100s.

Stu

Klepton
06-06-2005, 08:03 PM
hire alec baldwin to follow me around and narrarate everything i do