PDA

View Full Version : 20-40 at the mirage-

tolbiny
06-05-2005, 03:54 PM
Certain parts of this hand have been bugging me for the past week.

20-40 game at the mirage- full table- some of the details are a little sketchy.

Ep player limps - he used to run the games back here in cleveland- hes mostly tight aggressive, but not aggressive enough, and a little to loose up front.
Ep2 raises- strange player, i have seen him show down some strong hands that he didn't raise preflop(Ako/AQs/TT)but he has shown more agression postflop (raiseing 44 on a 8 8 6 flop for example) than i would expect for someone so passive preflop. He has even been caught bluffing once or twice.
MP1 (main villan coldcalls)- Weak tight mirage regular. Whe has a small red statue of Buddah on her chips- she coldcalls to much, and her bets mean something- and from what i can tell her three bets mean FOLD. I think she folds to much as well- this is my second session with her at the table, feeling comfortable with that read.
I three bet in the C/O with J /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Button calls three cold- you can probably guess what type of player he is from this.
Sb folds
BB calls
ep limper calls, First raiser makes it 4 bets All call.
4 see the flop
Flop comes 8 high with 2 spades. Checked to the four better who bets, weak tight calls, i call, button calls, BB and ep limper call.
Turn J /images/graemlins/spade.gif BB ep limper and 4 better all check, and weak tight bets, i raise, button calls all in, everyone else folds, weak tight calls.
River Qh.
Check, bet, call.

budman
06-05-2005, 04:48 PM
I assume you are questioning your decision not to raise the flop. If the button is short-stacked, then he's going to call you with a flush draw here no matter what, maybe with an overpair. At any rate, raising is not going to get you much information on his hand.

I like your raise on the turn. Make anyone thinking about fishing with the bare ace of spades pay for the chance.

Did you win the side pot?

Lefort
06-05-2005, 04:54 PM
I like raising the flop because you are solidifying the fact that you have an overpair and you want everyone to know it.

This way if you get check-raised on the turn you can be sure that the person check-raising has you beat, as you've already told them you had the board beat with your flop raise. I think the flop bet saves you bets in the long run if you are indeed up against a higher pair.

tolbiny
06-05-2005, 04:55 PM
Actually my questions are about reads. The original preflop raiser hadn't raised preflop since he sat down (maybe 1.5 hours) and had shown down some strong hands. So the likely hood that i would have to put in 4 bets with a dominated hand preflop caused me to pause over my three bet.
On the other hand with 5 other players in a case can be made for a cap at 5 bets, which i didn't do.

The oher point was the bet on the river heads up against a weak tight player- who "folds to much" according to my read. I have the second set with a flush on board- there was a brief pause before i bet where i was trying to figure out if i was ahead 50% of the time or not.

etizzle
06-05-2005, 05:02 PM
the only question I ask is what your plan was for the turn if it was not a J. I think you have to raise it, despite the fact that it looks like you are probably beat.

Other than that I don't know what else you can do.