PDA

View Full Version : Got frisky, Got caught in a bad spot early.

dealer_toe
06-05-2005, 03:33 PM
I'm in MP2 w/ JTs (hearts) Its folded to me. I raise. one CC both blinds call.

Flop Js 7d 2d (4 players)
SB bets, BB raises, Hero...?

I hate this spot, because a bet and raise can mean flush draw for either of them. I feel like this is a raise or fold spot? What do you think?

Edit: Both are TAG, w/ the BB being a little over agg but nothing huge.

deucesevenoff
06-05-2005, 04:18 PM
This is the kind of spot where knowing how your opponents play draws comes in very handy. I think knowing how your opponents play draws is one of the best and mose useful questions to ask yourself while you are playing.

That being said, you have a bet and a raise into a PF raiser (you in this case). The first bet may have been a flush draw, but I doubt the raiser has a flush draw. A set or a jack with a bigger kicker are two hands which immediately come to mind. I'd probably fold in this spot.

toss
06-05-2005, 04:25 PM
Board is pretty raggedy except for the two /images/graemlins/diamond.gifs. I'd think at least on of 'em will have a J with a better kicker often enough to let you fold.

Spartan1983
06-05-2005, 07:18 PM
I fold. If a /images/graemlins/heart.gif was part of the flop, then you could possibly call to see the turn. The problem is if you call or 3bet, one of the villains could still cap. JTs against a cap is usually -EV. Hopefully you fold, then the villains play it out through the river so you can get a better read on their raising standards.