PDA

View Full Version : river fold

mmmmmbrother
06-05-2005, 03:31 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

is this correct? is this correct on party .5/1?
id have to be 93% sure he had a diamond. or JT

also while i was playing that hand...

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">Hero folds</font>.

Final Pot: 0.75 BB

which makes me wonder; i assume most of you are multitableing, but how many? and does it mess with your game?

i find that it does force you to make fast decisions and somtimes i make the wrong ones, but on the other hand it makes it easier to fold hands you should be folding, and lets you not get hung up on stupid things like the flop being 772 after you folded your 72o.

Kevin K.
06-05-2005, 05:21 PM
Bet the river when all of these apply.
1. You are out of position
2. You are heads up
3. A 4th suited card comes on the river

Do a search for "Clarkmeister's Theorem" and you'll find a lot of discussion on this topic. I bet/fold this river.

Bodhi
06-05-2005, 06:31 PM
Call down in the first hand. There's just too much money in that pot to fold for one more bet HU.

As for the second hand, quit playing so many tables. Find a balance where you can play accurately and also enjoy it.

ClaytonN
06-05-2005, 06:38 PM
Hand 1: Call the turn raise, bet/fold the river
Hand 2: If you conscienscously folded this hand preflop 3-handed, quit poker.

Stinkybeaver
06-05-2005, 07:05 PM
I think your river fold is ok here...

Not that I'm very good at it but I think it is for the best.

When It comes to multitabeling I don't think you should worry that much about your prelfop faults. It is when you can't concentrate on the more complex postflop decissions that your winrate will drop significantly.

As for me I hope to get a new appartment when I'm done serving in the army. And in this new appartment I'm getting an office and hopefully one or two more screens/pc's.

I wan't to be 8 or more tabeling if i can. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

mmmmmbrother
06-05-2005, 07:59 PM
while i was playing/cursing about the first hand when he showed me KQ no diamonds , party folded the queens.

TALLBrad
06-05-2005, 08:22 PM
For me two pair tends to win about 76% of the time I go to showdown. Based on that and no reads on the player I'll typically bet. In the example you show I might check with the intent of calling a single bet, to save being raised into. But given the size of the pot, it's heads-up, I want to see this showdown !!!

As for your second hand, I'm assuming that Party folded your hand because you did not respond fast enough. First the technology stuff, make sure the computer, network and Internet connection are up to snuff, then only play as many tables as you can keep up with. On a small monitor I'm at my limit with 3 tables, but typically play 1 table as I'm looking to move up levels by next weekend (if all goes well) and am concentrating on playing good poker and making better reads.

shadow29
06-05-2005, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the river when all of these apply.
1. You are out of position
2. You are heads up
3. A 4th suited card comes on the river

Do a search for "Clarkmeister's Theorem" and you'll find a lot of discussion on this topic. I bet/fold this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure good ole Clark's works here (after villain caps the turn when the flush comes in).

detruncate
06-05-2005, 09:01 PM
I'd just call the turn bet and either bet/fold or bet/call the river depending on what I thought about Villain.

ArturiusX
06-05-2005, 09:23 PM
I might just call the turn raise unless he's a donk, but I play the rest the same way.

Jakesta
06-05-2005, 09:58 PM
Why is no one advocating a river check-call in hand 1? You know the Villain is likely going to raise you if he has a flush, so why not check-call?