PDA

View Full Version : Playing Ax suited

celiboy
06-05-2005, 02:41 PM
I would like some of your thoughts on playing Ax suited in the following positions.

1. Early - Depending on the x this is usually a fold. A/10+ and I raise

2. Mid - I will call if there are a few limpers ahead of me

3. Late - Same as mid if there are a few limpers. With no callers - I will usually raise this hand.

Not sure if this is the right section for this...I was going to post in the Beginner section as I thought I was in there.

Weatherhead03
06-05-2005, 02:49 PM
If im not mistaken...is it not slighty profitable to be playing Axs anywhere, UTG all the way to button if the game is not tight.

SoftcoreRevolt
06-05-2005, 03:05 PM
I limp from EP and on assuming I haven't forgotten how to select a table.

grjr
06-05-2005, 03:40 PM
I used to limp Axs from EP but I've found that A2s-A5s have been performing badly for me so now I drop them from EP. Everybody that does play these from anywhere should double-check their results to make sure they're not losing money with them.

SteveM
06-05-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

1. Early - Depending on the x this is usually a fold. A/10+ and I raise

2. Mid - I will call if there are a few limpers ahead of me

3. Late - Same as mid if there are a few limpers. With no callers - I will usually raise this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like what I do. I also used to limp Axs from EP but have now plugged that leak of mine.

jrz1972
06-05-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to limp Axs from EP but I've found that A2s-A5s have been performing badly for me so now I drop them from EP. Everybody that does play these from anywhere should double-check their results to make sure they're not losing money with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I recently started mucking the really low Axs hands in EP as well. IIRC, there was a thread on this a couple weeks ago that showed that these hands in this position are modest losers even for 2+2ers who have good results otherwise. (That category includes me).