PDA

View Full Version : Account Deletion/Recreation

Dazarath
06-05-2005, 01:05 PM
If I delete my Party skin account and recreate, can I use the same account name? Or is that not allowed?

Dariel86
06-05-2005, 01:26 PM
That is your biggest concern?

Orpheus
06-06-2005, 01:03 AM
I'm pretty sure the answer would be "no", for the same reason that you can't use a name abandoned by another player -- it would confuse the other players, who would believe they were playing the "old" player by that name.

I can hear your response already: "but I'm the same player!" I'm afraid that wouldn't sway them. in the first place, if you do a name change at party, the name is explicitly locked from use by anyone, including YOU. It's a written warning you get when you change your screen name (You may still be able to log in under it, but you will appear at the table under your current [most recent] screen name -- especially at partyPoker itself, where your initial screenname was [at least when I signed up] the same as your initial account name.

[Some Party affiliates, make a distinction at sign-up between your account login name and (initial) screen name, by asking you to enter a screen name after you create an account. Party may do this too, now, for all I know.)

I wouldn't want to argue this matter with Party, unless I could offer some incredibly squeaky clean reason for cancelling my old account -- and I mean *really* squeaky clan, not "well, it sounds good to me" or "they can't prove anything" clean. In the first place, I doubt their customer support have the option of allowing it, and you'd be taking a risk: say what you will, they aren't stupid, and they know if you are, e.g., just trying to sign up with rakeback. I'm not saying they'd bother to flag you, but it's just easier and safer all around to simply deny the 'accomodation'.

[Once a rule like that is made, programmers may rely on it to make simplifying assumtions in the structure of their internal databases, and violating it can cause unforeseen quirks. In most databases, 'necessary exceptions' add 90% to the task of maintanance. Unnecessary exceptions? Well, the hernia operation DB manager when he contemplates (and denies) it, could delay department operations by days or weeks.]

In short strokes:
a) they say they won't let you reuse an old name
b) CS just works off the menus on their screens; they don't have any real "power"
c) it's a bad idea (for everyone but you) and may be open to abuse,
d) are you sure you want to draw attention to the fact that you are specifically reopening a recently closed account?
e) Yes, CS may suggest you close/reopen an account--because they don't have a menu item to fix your problem! That doesn't make it 100% kosher in the eyes of upper management.

Still, if it's that important to you, why not ask them, instead of us?

Dazarath
06-06-2005, 05:47 AM
I was just wondering, but you make a good point. I doubt it'll work, now that I think about it.