PDA

View Full Version : Fold/Push?

THATWACOKID
06-05-2005, 12:55 PM
200+15 Party

I thought this was my last hand with any FE unless SB folds his blind to me, which wasn't likely.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1095)
Button (t4754)
SB (t2761)
BB (t1390)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

KingDan
06-05-2005, 12:58 PM
I only play the 30s, but for me this an instapush.

citanul
06-05-2005, 01:02 PM
this should be an easy push for you if you are a player playing at the 200s. you've got a decent hand, about to lose folding equity, are the short stack, likely will not make the money without at least stealing this set of blinds or getting lucky and doubling up, etc, etc, etc. you should be pushing worse than K3s by a long shot here. and like i implied, if this isn't easy for you, i hope you have disposable income if the 200s are going to be your game of choice.

citanul

microbet
06-05-2005, 01:04 PM
I think it's a good push. Pretty clearly +$EV, by ICM, even more so if you account for your impending blinds.

THATWACOKID
06-05-2005, 01:11 PM
Alright, I was just making sure. I did push and was called by A2o and came in 4th(results oriented, I know). A little background; As I've mentioned before I'm just starting to play in SnGs once again from a 3 month break of SnGs where I built a decent roll to play 100 n.l. cash. I moved from 100nl to 400nl in the past 3 months, and I probably made enough where I could play 1000nl pretty comfortably but I'm REALLY bored with n.l. cash games right now. I've seen a lot of posters on this forum mention guides for SnGs that I've never heard of. Could you direct me to these? Thanks

citanul
06-05-2005, 01:25 PM
go to the front page of this one table tournament forum, and click the "views" column, and look at the top bunch of posts, there's some good ones. then click the "replies" column, there's some good posts.

the guide you are looking for i guess is posted by a guy screen named "benfranklin" i believe. it's a decent framework to start working at the lowest limit sngs. it is not anything close to enough to be playing the 200s. if you are happy gambling it up while you learn, and learning while playing against the hard competition, that's cool, but you might want to step down a notch or two or three while you get comfortable with some of this stuff, just because you probably heart money.

citanul

dhende3
06-05-2005, 05:05 PM
Also you are pushing into a BB who is very vulnerable. If I were the BB I would fold a lot of pretty good hands and just push any 2 right into you next hand.

Newt_Buggs
06-05-2005, 05:22 PM
would you guys push 10/images/graemlins/spade.gif2/images/graemlins/heart.gif in heros position?

if hero was in the BB and UTG pushed, would you call with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif4/images/graemlins/club.gif?

Myst
06-05-2005, 08:21 PM
1. Yes, I would push T2.
2. I would fold and push any two next hand.

Jeoke
06-05-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's a good push. Pretty clearly +$EV, by ICM, even more so if you account for your impending blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is ICM?

freemoney
06-05-2005, 08:35 PM
i think you are overestimating how often the 2 large stacks will fold to the SB, who was BB previous hand.

microbet
06-05-2005, 08:44 PM
Independent Chip Model. A model for determining the value of chips in a tournament. It's all over the place in this forum. Search and ye shall find.

clues: Eastbay, dethgrind, the_shadow, bozeman, prayingmantis (not as sure about the last two, they are before my time)