PDA

View Full Version : AA from BB vs. mass limping

Harv72b
06-05-2005, 12:44 PM
Very basic preflop question, and I apologize in advance to those who are sick of seeing these. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

First orbit of a 9+1 MTT satellite on Party, blinds still at 10/15. I'd only played one flop prior, bailing with AK after a rags flop. I'm in the big blind with red aces, 6 limpers to me. The pot sits at t105, my stack is t940. How much do I raise?

EDIT: NL game

kuro
06-05-2005, 12:54 PM
Push and hope for a bad call from someone that "knows that you're buying the pot."

danger_mouse
06-05-2005, 01:20 PM
I don't know if I'd push. I really want a caller. I'd probably overbet the pot though, say 250-300.

SoBeDude
06-05-2005, 01:39 PM
with 6 limpers, one will call if you push. so shove them all in and you have a very strong chance of doubling up.

-Scott

Harv72b
06-05-2005, 01:45 PM
Okay, thanks guys...I figured that I should probably have just pushed or at least raised half my stack or something. Instead I just raised the pot, which earned me 4 callers.

I'm trying not to be results oriented, because one of the limp/callers flopped top set with JJ and I seriously doubt he would have folded even if I'd pushed. Just wanted to see how much better I could have played the hand.

Zinzan
06-05-2005, 01:59 PM
You're probably right that a push wouldn't have folded the JJ, but it probably would have gotten you heads up with him. You gotta like your chances there (nevermind the results) to double up.

Pot-size bet in a higher stakes game or a limp might be okay, but you gotta realize you're greatly reducing your chances to double up and improving your chances of going home unless you're really careful (and it's hard to be careful with AA unless the board is extremely coordinated and misses you completely). You improve your chance of tripling up, though--just depends on your risk adversity.

-Z