PDA

View Full Version : A different line...

cockandbull
06-05-2005, 12:28 PM
Lots of questions...Is a preflop call standard here considering the general rasing standards of UTG or am i bumping this pot due to the overlay of MP. On the flop i figured i'd check-raise UTGs bet but once MP raises i plan on calling and seeing what UTG does, before deciding on a turn line. Who just c-3bets here? On the turn is where i'm a little unsure...hows the line i took? On the river i thought about 3 betting here but chickened out, thinking about it the 7 shouldn't really help anyone here, so i should 3-bet and call a cap?

UTG 100 hands 46/5/0.8 w2sd 27 w@sd 67
MP 100 hands at 75/13/1 w2sd 38 w@sd 47

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

River: (18.20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 22.20 BB

cockandbull
06-05-2005, 05:38 PM
sorry to bump this, esp. as i have two other threads going at the moment, but i feel this is a hand that will take one/two answers to clear up and then it can fall gracefully from your screens.

spydog
06-05-2005, 05:54 PM
I lead this flop. With an Ace on board and a PFR, I doubt MP is sticking around for the turn unless he has a flush draw or Ace, and he will coldcall 2 bets with either hand if UTG raises. If UTG raises my lead then I can check-raise the turn as I can feel pretty good that he has an Ace and will bet the turn enough to make this a good play. Check-raising the flop might slow down a passive player with AK.

As the hand played out, I don't stop raising ever. I would have 3-bet the flop. If MP has AQ or A9, oh well. But, I've seen way too many people go overboard with trip aces that I can't see slowing down.