PDA

View Full Version : *Official* WSOP Event #4 $1500 LH

sirio11
06-05-2005, 12:27 PM
Table 115 Seat 1.

Who else is playing?

sirio11
06-05-2005, 10:23 PM
We're at the dinner break, I'm still in, my last 2 tourneys went out a little before the dinner break, but today things are running good, still at the same table and seat. About 220 players left, 1053 started, they pay 100 places. Average stack should be around 7500, I have 13400.

David

IHateKeithSmart
06-05-2005, 10:25 PM
Nice - gl sirio.

mlagoo
06-05-2005, 11:15 PM
hey, gl sirio, kick some ass.

ZBTHorton
06-05-2005, 11:18 PM
GL Sirio.

CardSharpCook
06-06-2005, 12:09 AM
Our man Sirio is sitting with about 18K chips. About 130 players left, 100 get paid (I think). Avg stack around 11k.

ZBTHorton
06-06-2005, 12:18 AM
I'm gettin all excited and stuff.

IHateKeithSmart
06-06-2005, 12:24 AM
Seems Gavin is doing well also - sitting on 40k chips.

ZBTHorton
06-06-2005, 12:25 AM
Are any sites updating on this tourney yet?

pokerraja
06-06-2005, 12:30 AM
Good luck to all 2plus2ers!

IHateKeithSmart
06-06-2005, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are any sites updating on this tourney yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out the Poker Pages blog (http://www.pokerpages.com/blog-players/poker-mike-paulle.htm) . Seems like this is the only event Mike Paulle is working on.

mlagoo
06-06-2005, 12:39 AM
ive gotta say, for all his faults, phil hellmuth is one hell of a tournament poker player

not that he hasnt said it enough himself

CardSharpCook
06-06-2005, 12:41 AM
Sirio's name is David C. (not sure what the C stands for, but it is like 6 letters long) Obviously, he is not in the list of names that the blogger checks.

TexInAtl
06-06-2005, 12:58 AM
There's a video with Gavin Griffin on CardPlayer now. Gavin must have come back after the interview.

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_tournaments/event.php?id=1226&screen=video&video_id=60

P.S. I can't find Gavin Griffin on the leaderboard anywhere. Maybe he's out. Gavin Smith is a big chip lead, but not Griffin.

nolanfan34
06-06-2005, 01:05 AM
Why is that guy wearing sunglasses while doing an indoor interview?

IHateKeithSmart
06-06-2005, 01:06 AM
Sirio = David Cossio. I don't know what's up with Gavin and the interview (maybe on dinner break)? Maybe he made a good comeback (according to the 9:00PDT posting on pokerpages).

ZBTHorton
06-06-2005, 02:26 AM
In the money now...

TheTimeIsUp
06-06-2005, 02:42 AM
He isn't make pokerpages...any updates on sirio?

IHateKeithSmart
06-06-2005, 03:07 AM
Gavin went out 95. If sirio made the money, he is still in it.

ZBTHorton
06-06-2005, 03:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If sirio made the money, he is still in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

ZBTHorton
06-06-2005, 04:02 AM
Guy named David Caputo just got knocked out?

Jeremy517
06-06-2005, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Guy named David Caputo just got knocked out?

[/ QUOTE ]

That isn't him. IHateKeithSmart has it correct.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=tourn&Number=2545066

CardSharpCook
06-06-2005, 04:52 AM
Sirio is still in with 46 left. He has a reasonable chip stack at a guesstimated 24K. Avg stack would be around 33K. Players are on break, and will play one more level tonight. Best wishes to David Cassio, and lets hope we see this trout at the final table tomorrow.

CSC

I am going to bed, so no more updates from me.

CCx
06-06-2005, 06:22 AM
congrats to gavin on the money finish, and good luck sirio bring it home!

sirio11
06-06-2005, 06:27 AM
I'm still in with 33 players left, short stacked with 15k, lost a big pot like 10 mins before the play for the day finished, we'll be back tomorrow (today) at 12:00 PST.

It has been a blast so far, haven't moved from my seat in 14 hours, played at my table Carlos Mortensen (WSOP Champion 2001), Robert Perry (3rd place WSOP Championship 2002) and Alan Goehring (2nd place WSOP Championship 1999 and WPT 25K Champion 2003). It was a pleasure specially playing with Alan, the guy is just so creative, I played with him some big pots, I'll try to post them later. Well, got to catch some sleep to come back tomorrow and play my short stack as good as I know.

David

sirio11
06-06-2005, 06:53 AM
Wow, I just checked out some of the names, and the guy that went out in 37 was on my table also. Nice guy, his name Joe Cassidy the guy who beat Daniel Negreanu for 200k.

billyjex
06-06-2005, 07:09 AM
gl tomorrow sirio!

Sluss
06-06-2005, 07:12 AM
Keep grinding Siro. GL man, can't wait for the trip report after you take it down!

Brad F.
06-06-2005, 10:04 AM
Nice job David. Looks like David has 3 of the top 4 chip leaders at his table, which IMO is a good thing. Look forward to seeing how you fare.

Brad

Diamond Dave
06-06-2005, 10:53 AM
Nice one!! GL for Day 2.

SL__72
06-06-2005, 04:38 PM
31st: David Cassia ($5,065)

sirio11
06-06-2005, 06:44 PM
Out, all in with AQs versus AT and lost the "coin flip", damm, this profession is hard, more later after I recover /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Jurollo
06-06-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Out, all in with AQs versus AT and lost the "coin flip", damm, this profession is hard, more later after I recover /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sirio,
Hell of a run, as Hellmuth said if talent was the only factor I'd win 'em all. You are a great player and showed it there, 'grats again and good luck in the other events you will be playing... that is, until I beat you on the final table of the Main Event /images/graemlins/grin.gif
~Justin

RavenJackson
06-06-2005, 06:58 PM
Congrats on the great finish. It is probably harder getting that close to the bracelet and busting out; however, it is a testament to your skill.

sirio11
06-06-2005, 07:35 PM
I have to publicly thank CSC, because he was over there when I was knocked out and have to deal with me the next hour or so. Thanks CSC.

AlcateL
06-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Good Work!, Good luck 2+2ers in all other events!

tom441lbk
06-06-2005, 08:31 PM
nice finish man, great work. good luck everyone else

-Tom

mts
06-06-2005, 08:39 PM
i dont know you apart from your posts and the occasional MTT but great job man. Nothing to scoff at. Got your money in with the best of it, cant ask for anything else.

tdizzle
06-06-2005, 10:04 PM
good run sirio

sirio11
06-06-2005, 11:44 PM
Thanks guys, I'll post some hands I played during the tourney. Lets start with the last one.

Last night after losing 2 pots I was down to 12k with blinds 1-2k and just 2 mins left in the clock to play for the night, 33 players left in the tourney, in MP I was dealt A8d, I decided to raise since everybody was ready to leave. Nobody calls and I picked up the blinds. Stack now is 15k, and I'll be in the BB+3 to start the next day with blinds 2-3k. There were 8 players at the table and I have a pretty good idea about how they play. So I went to bed trying to have an specific plan for next day, I don't have too many options, basically, I should decide to do something in the next 3 hands, or I could wait and take the blinds (5k) and wait another round with a 10k stack. There were about 3 maybe 4 of the other 7 players at the table who would play with me with a reasonable hand, specially with my stack. The next 3 hands the BB will be Christian Van Hees (Bracelet winner in 1995), Todd Witteles and Roy Cooke (Card player writer). My thoughts were my best shot was with Roy Cooke, since he was folding a little more. Christian and Todd are calling me with any non-garbage big blind hand and Todd is betting the flop no matter what, with Cristian there was some chance, not great, but some, he check it throught the river. Of course nobody in the table was folding if they hit any pair or draw in the flop. I think I had a good image in the table as a solid player who plays not too many hands, but plays them agressivly (basically everybody was playing really solid at this point, not being involved in too many pots), so they know if they play it would be for 15k of their stack. Problem is, they could afford to lose the 15k. Given all these factors, my plan was, I need a hand vs Christian and Todd BB, I need a semidecent hand vs Roy, but mostly I need a hand since most of the players in the table could call easily the 6k raise with a decent hand. So I could afford to lose the 5k and wait 1 more round if neccesary. After my blinds my best shot was in Peter's Campo BB.
So, play started and my first hand is 73o and i fold, Michael Ma raises and Jason S calls and they play a big pot. Next hand Q3o, I fold. UTG in Roy's Cooke blind I have K5s and almost raise, but decided to fold, Jason S raises behind, everybody folds and he shows AK. Now, the blinds, BB I have 94o, somebody raises and I fold, LB I have 75h, not bad, but somebody raises and I fold and I was left with 10k. In the button I have KTs, great!, but Peter Campo who have been playing relavively tight, raises UTG to 6k, so I think for a moment and decided to fold. I have 5 more hands, the next 4 were trash, I'm under the gun and if I see a face card I'm raising without looking at the 2nd card, so I looked more confident. My 1st card is the Qs, and thats it, I made the movement like I was looking at my 2nd card, but I place again the Qs in the front, and I raised to 6k, Michael Ma decided to reraise to 9k, at this point I decided to look again at my hand, and I was very pleased to discover the As. Roy Cooke, thinks and thinks in the big blind, and he finally folds. I don't want to see a pair in MM hand, he shows ATh and I feel great, I even give the thumbs up to CSC who is in the rail observing the action like 2 tables away. All that until the flop came AT3 with 1 spade, damm, 6s in the turn to give me a little hope, spade or Q in the river, but no help in the river, lost the 25k pot and my journey in this tourney is over. It's hard at any tournament, it's hard specially at the WSOP, when you dream about that bracelet. My first cash in the WSOP this year, my 3rd overall, went 2 for 6 last year and 1 for 3 this year so far. Dissapointed but hungry, I have some doubts about playing the $2000 limit event, now the doubts are gone, 2 of my 3 cashes have been in limit in the WSOP, and my biggest cash in non-internet tourneys is a 2nd for 35k in a limit event in the Orleans Open.
I won about 5k for the 31st place and now I'm a $500 winner for the week /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. This allows me to play at least 2 more events than the previously scheduled.

Next: A hand with Carlos Mortensen.

qsdaddy
06-06-2005, 11:56 PM
Good Job!!!! I was on your oringinal table 115 seat # 3. I had the chip lead until, I decided to battle you with my pocket sevens vs. your tens. The board finised nine high if I remember right. I thought you were stealing the blinds just as you had done everytime you had the chance. This time I was wrong. Good luck in the rest of the events.

CardSharpCook
06-07-2005, 07:07 AM
Congrats Sirio. Sirio is really an awesome player and I was very fortunate to be able to talk to him this weekend. The WSOP experience has definately encouraged me to work on my game while humbling me considerably. Sirio is a very good player and I believe that he will be winning something big sometime (can't be more specific than that in this crazy game).

Hats off, and better luck next time.

CSC

sirio11
06-07-2005, 08:08 AM
Carlos came to the table with a medium stack, in this hand he decided to raise in MP, folded to me in the button, I have AQ, I decided to call, I know Carlos is an agressive player and I know I'm not outplaying him so I decided the way to go was to rope a dope.
Flop came KQ7, he bets the flop as expected and I just call.
Turn is a K, pretty good card, he bets again with confidence and I just called again after asking the dealer if it was possible since we were heads up to talk in Spanish since is mine and Carlos native language, obviously the answer was no, but I get a reaction from Carlos.
River is a J that made a flush possible, and he decided to check. Now the question is to value-bet the hand or not. Which hand I beat such that he's calling my bet, maybe AJ or QJ,QT,JT; but does not make any sense for him to call since I called a raise preflop and I called a flop and a turn bet, what hand could I possible have such that he can beat me if he call my bet with those hands; and there is a chance he have AA and didnt bet at the end because of the KK, the flush or the straight, but the most plausible answer is that he just have nothing, so I told him "I'm not value betting my hand and I show the AQ and he mucks, he told me later that he has A9. I didn't want a flush card in the river, or AJT9, since then Carlos would've thought that I'd missed my draw and fired 1 more bet, but I liked the outcome anyway.

Next: Fun hand #1 with Alan Goehring.