PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to code this -- think it'd be USEFUL

teddyFBI
06-05-2005, 12:05 PM
So I think the following would be extraordinarily easy to code, and would be a VERY useful tool to have:

I really want to take my game to the next level and decided a step in the right direction would be to really start sitting down and analyzing hard hands from my playing session. The only reason I don't do that now is b/c i find it very cumbersome to write down hand numbers, and then go and dig them up in my PT DB.

So here's the idea: a tiny little app, with a window no bigger than the party buddy list, let's say, that had fields in which you could write down session hand numbers while you're playing, and then when you're done (and those hands have been imported into PT), it would automatically go dig them up from the DB and display them in a single file, and in a pretty format (maybe even one that could be immediately transferred into a post on these forums...like bison's hand converter).

What do y'all think?

MrMoo
06-05-2005, 04:38 PM
When you come across an interesting hand, on the following hand click the link in the top right corner and have the last hand emailed to you. Should take only a couple of secs. Works only on Party though.

GoblinMason (Craig)
06-05-2005, 06:31 PM
Eh, I just keep a notebook next to me and write down the hand that I had and the sn of the winner of the hand or if it was me what I won it with so I don't have to deal with hand #s. That way it's easy to look up after your session.

For instance:

44 ILIKE2GAMBOL111
AKs 2pair

Works for me.

-Craig

slavic
06-05-2005, 06:46 PM
teddy -
This would actually work better as a button located on the window of the game your in. Click it and the app auto pulls the game number, or better pulls the HH from the HHF file.

pokergrader
06-05-2005, 07:37 PM
Sounds a bit like the application i've been working on for a while, only it isn't as small as you suggest and it uses the hand history files and not the pokertracker DB.

Here is a screenshot:
http://www.pokergrader.com/pgc/pgc.png

Hopefully I will be done with it in a few weeks, but it will be completely open source and should be a combination of a session reviewer with a hand converter.

illunious
06-05-2005, 08:03 PM
Good idea, I'm going to make this.

AKQJ10
06-19-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds a bit like the application i've been working on for a while, only it isn't as small as you suggest and it uses the hand history files and not the pokertracker DB.

Here is a screenshot:
http://www.pokergrader.com/pgc/pgc.png

Hopefully I will be done with it in a few weeks, but it will be completely open source and should be a combination of a session reviewer with a hand converter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me know if there are opportunities to help code this. I would like to contribute to any open-source poker project. If only PT were one of them....

OrianasDaad
06-20-2005, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If only PT were one of them....

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd learn whatever language it was written in if I could have a look at the code.

pokergrader
06-20-2005, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Here is a screenshot:

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me know if there are opportunities to help code this. I would like to contribute to any open-source poker project. If only PT were one of them....

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are interested, send me an email at pokergrader@gmail.com

I have a job starting next week that is going to take up most of my time, and I certainly would have no problem if somebody wanted to help with development.

Take a peek at the source code at http://client.pokergrader.com/