PDA

View Full Version : trouble finding fish on party

Felipe
06-05-2005, 12:03 PM
Let's start off by saying this is not a joke. I signed up with party through pokersourceonline.com. I deposit, and hit the .5/1 limit tables. WHAT A MESS! Everybody is either really tight psv, loose aggressive or just messed up in the head. I can't find fishies, I can never get a flop with more than 4 players. What happened to all the "oh party poker is so soft" s#it I used to hear, here and on other forums and word-of-mouth? I'm getting checkraised more in one day playing at party poker than 6 months playing on Paradise poker. The fish live in paradise

What's wrong with Party?
What's wrong with ME?

mister
06-05-2005, 12:09 PM
Do you use pokertracker ? Man I can't play a 3/6 game without running into 7-8 guys in a day who play over 50% of hands, and pay you off huge. But I wouldn't be able to find them without pokertracker, since it ranks my fish for me. Then I buddy list them, and the rest is history...

Felipe
06-05-2005, 12:18 PM
Do you use pokertracker ? Man I can't play a 3/6 game without running into 7-8 guys in a day who play over 50% of hands, and pay you off huge. But I wouldn't be able to find them without pokertracker, since it ranks my fish for me. Then I buddy list them, and the rest is history... I just got it. Need to learn to use it. SO you autorate the players, then add them to buddy list? Then what? use search to find em? that's all?

mister
06-05-2005, 12:21 PM
Even if I didn't have the autorate rules in, I could just go based on how many flops players see. Over 35% I'm going to want to sit with you. Over 40-50%, if you're online I'm finding you asap /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

You could technically run pokertracker on a bunch of tables during the day just to scan players. Then you look at your history, find the fish, and add them to your buddy list. Then log in, search for players (buddies), and happy hunting. I stalk the little bastards all the time /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Felipe
06-05-2005, 12:23 PM
You could technically run pokertracker on a bunch of tables during the day just to scan players.
this is the meat. How is this accomplished?

jskills
06-05-2005, 12:54 PM
You know what they say, if you can't find the sucker at the table ...

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

mister
06-05-2005, 01:05 PM
hahahaha

Felipe
06-05-2005, 02:07 PM
thanks for the help

Biloxi
06-05-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm getting checkraised more in one day playing at party poker than 6 months playing on Paradise poker. The fish live in paradise

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did you leave the sunny weather and beaches of paradise, to go to a over invited party?

Felipe
06-05-2005, 02:16 PM
(see 1st post) Playing raked hands for PSO promo. 9000pts. 250 hands.

SippinSoma
06-05-2005, 02:29 PM
I only read the title, but did you forget to open your eyes and look to your left?

d10
06-05-2005, 02:33 PM
In PP, just open a table (or 4) and let it run. Every hand will be saved to your HD and PT will pick it up whenever you import.

jskills
06-05-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thanks for the help

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be sore. I couldn't resist the reference. You had to know it was a joke ...

Anyway, you really can't get any "help" with this "problem" here.

Felipe
06-05-2005, 03:25 PM
JSKILSS. no problem.

What's with the other fellows comment about "looking to my left". Honestly, I don't know what you're trying to tell me... mind explainin'

Felipe
06-05-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In PP, just open a table (or 4) and let it run. Every hand will be saved to your HD and PT will pick it up whenever you import.

[/ QUOTE ]

import manually? or with PT's auto party hand history import?

AlexHoops
06-05-2005, 03:54 PM
Auto import will work, but I wouldn't set it to every minute. I usually data mine about an hour or two before I start playing and with empire and euro open plus PT updating every minute my computer sometimes runs pretty hard.

QTip
06-05-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thanks for the help

[/ QUOTE ]

He beat me to it. Perhaps that IS the help.

Party .5/1 are some of the softest games on the planet. If you can't find a good game for you there, one does not exist.

shant
06-05-2005, 05:32 PM
The players you described are the fish. You need to learn to adjust to their aggression.

TripleH68
06-05-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The players you described are the fish. You need to learn to adjust to their aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no such thing as a free lunch.

radek2166
06-05-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

NH Sir!

Nick Royale
06-05-2005, 06:52 PM
"If you can't spot the sucker at the table, then you are the sucker."

And if you can't spot them at party 0.5/1...

gasoltub
06-05-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's with the other fellows comment about "looking to my left".

[/ QUOTE ]
It might just be a suggestion to look in one of the other forums in the menu to the left. Perhaps Micro-limit (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=micro) would be a good one.

Catt
06-05-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
JSKILSS. no problem.

What's with the other fellows comment about "looking to my left". Honestly, I don't know what you're trying to tell me... mind explainin'

[/ QUOTE ]

He's saying: "Look to your left (or right for that matter) because there's almost certainly a fish sitting right next to you." In other words - he's saying that the 0.50/1.00 game is a fish pond and your view of how solid the game is incorrect.

hmkpoker
06-05-2005, 07:59 PM
You're not looking hard enough. Stop whining.

jskills
06-05-2005, 11:20 PM
He means that there are so many bad players there it's impossible to not find them - just look one player to your left and you'll likely find one.