PDA

View Full Version : JJ out of position against a Button and Tilt raises

DrewOnTilt
06-05-2005, 11:28 AM
I've read in SSH and in many posts on these forums that JJ should be folded in the face of a raise and a reraise. I agree with this in general but deviated from it a bit today.

Live game, I'm in the BB with JJ.

1 person limps
Button raises
SB 3-bets

The Button seems to know about positional raises and will raise from the button with big cards, A9s, etc.

The SB is on mega-tilt.

I fire in the capping raise.

I like this play based on my reads alone, but looking back on it I think I may have gotten a bit trigger-happy because I was in EP and sandwiched between the raisers.

Thoughts?

einbert
06-05-2005, 11:32 AM
In this scenario, I believe you have an easy cap.

Lmn55d
06-05-2005, 11:32 AM
I think this is perfect assuming you have a CO who will raise stuff like A9s (and I'm presuming hands like QJs as well) and a sb who is on tilt and has a wide range of 3betting hands. I don't think there's any other way to play it in this spot.

xorbie
06-05-2005, 12:13 PM
Looks fine. A cap will most likely get the limper out with a hand like Axs and probably get button to fold, unless he actually does have a strong hand, which you have no reason to believe. Not to mention that he will probably be facing two cold on any flop.

speirs
06-05-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've read in SSH and in many posts on these forums that JJ should be folded in the face of a raise and a reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

What limits are we talking about?

WillyTrailer
06-05-2005, 03:32 PM
Perfect. You may have just bought yourself position with a monster against a guy on tilt. If the button doesn't get out preflop he has to dump the flop unless he hits it pretty hard...that is unless he's really fishy.

The cap is certainly in order here!

-WT