PDA

View Full Version : How do you think?

luckyplayer
06-05-2005, 10:19 AM
This is a serious question. I think a major problem I have is being very hasty in my decision making at the table. Within 2-3s I know what I'm gonna do, whether right or wrong. Most of the time it seems that my decision is based on some rule-of-thumb, ie "84o-fold trash" or "33-limp for set". Regardless of the reason, it is usually instantaneous, and usually does not consider the entire situation as a whole.

So my question to those who have been successful is, how do you approach a hand? With all the 8 tabling/ABC around here, is it literally a 1 second decision that you really can't explain but just get, or do you systematically go through different steps in the decision making process and come to a result based on previous study?

I guess I'm just curious to see how others approach decision making at these things.

xLukex
06-05-2005, 10:59 AM
I assume that the 8-tablers have gone through the situations many, many times and are absolutely used to it.

microbet
06-05-2005, 11:51 AM
I think the big multitablers are trading some ROI for more $/hr. They would make better decisions if they could concentrate on each game. People used to talk about significantly higher ROIs being sustainable (Bozeman) and I believe they were 1 and 2 tabling.

If you read some of Gigabet's posts about what he thinks is most important, it is to really think about every decision in every game and to watch every hand whether you are in it or not. This would obviously be very difficult to sustain playing more than a couple tables at a time.

Mr_J
06-05-2005, 11:54 AM
"I assume that the 8-tablers have gone through the situations many, many times and are absolutely used to it."

Bingo. I don't 8table much (overlap) but have 6tabled for most of the sngs I've played. It's just experience. The more often you have to make these decisions, the more efficient you become.

Phill S
06-05-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the big multitablers are trading some ROI for more $/hr. They would make better decisions if they could concentrate on each game. People used to talk about significantly higher ROIs being sustainable (Bozeman) and I believe they were 1 and 2 tabling.

If you read some of Gigabet's posts about what he thinks is most important, it is to really think about every decision in every game and to watch every hand whether you are in it or not. This would obviously be very difficult to sustain playing more than a couple tables at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still find it amazing how much effort he puts into play. To do this 3 or 4 tabling would be hard, but he is (at least?) 8 tabling the 215s.

Guess thats the mark difference between him and everyone else on this forum at the moment.

Phill