PDA

View Full Version : Bet the flop?

Nyack
06-05-2005, 09:21 AM
Loose and very aggressive table.

3 players limp and the SB completes, I raise in the BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gifJ/images/graemlins/spade.gif. The first two limpers call and the last 3-bets, the SB calls, I cap and everyone calls.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/club.gif7/images/graemlins/spade.gif Pot:20SB

SB checks, Hero? Bet or check?

einbert
06-05-2005, 09:24 AM
As long as you don't fold I think you're good to go.

Roland19
06-05-2005, 10:39 AM
The pot is huge, and you have a relatively strong draw considering the pot size. However, I still like a check-call, because when it comes right down to it, I don't want to put in any more bets than I reall have to with a gutshot/overcard. I know I said the draw was strong, but I don't mean THAT strong, and I really like seeing the turn card for cheap. You certainly can't fold, no matter what happens, with those 20 small bets in the pot.

mister
06-05-2005, 12:15 PM
You're probably still on just 4 outs though, right ? If you check and it comes back 2 bets cold, can you justify that call ?

Nyack
06-05-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're probably still on just 4 outs though, right ? If you check and it comes back 2 bets cold, can you justify that call ?

[/ QUOTE ]

If there's a bet and a raise I'll be getting a minimum of 11-1 with a gutshot to the nut straight and a backdoor nut flush draw, easy call.

Nyack
06-05-2005, 07:26 PM
This is actually from a SSHE hand example on page 281, except the question is about your action after you bet the flop and are raised.

I know since the pot is 20SB it probably doesn't make much difference either way but I can't see many advantages to betting over checking.

No better hands will fold and you probably wont clear up any outs. Betting just seems like paying more for your draw, am I way off here?

lufbradolly
06-05-2005, 07:54 PM
I'd check then call because your getting the right pot odds but i don't understand raising from the BB with AJ and then capping with it totally out of position with a marginal hand. Could you explain your thinking??

kahntrutahn
06-05-2005, 08:19 PM
Equity with that many limpers... I raise from the blinds w/AJs... I don't think I would have capped unless the 3B was a donk

Chris Daddy Cool
06-05-2005, 08:31 PM
check.

danger_mouse
06-05-2005, 08:37 PM
I don't cap (but then, I'm a little risk adverse). Likewise, I check, call flop.