PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 Commerce against Klepton

jason_t
06-05-2005, 09:14 AM
MP2 = insanely passive
MP3 = Klepton, playing as a LAG
Button = jason_t

Preflop: I am Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
MP2 calls, <font color="#cc3333">Klepton raises</font>, <font color="#cc3333">I 3-bet</font>, <font color="#cc3333">Klepton caps</font>, I call, MP2 calls.

Flop: (13.5 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000ff">(3 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="#cc3333">Klepton bets</font>, <font color="#cc3333">I raise</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#cc3333">Klepton 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc3333">I cap</font>, Klepton calls.

Turn: (11.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000ff">(2 players)</font>
Klepton checks, I....

einbert
06-05-2005, 09:32 AM
You and I both know that it totally depends on how LAG Klepton is playing whether you three-bet or just call down his turn checkraise.

jason_t
06-05-2005, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You and I both know that it totally depends on how LAG Klepton is playing whether you three-bet or just call down his turn checkraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Incredibly LAG. I felt it was 100% likely here that I'd be check/raised regardless of whether or not he had a Q. It sounds like you're advocating a bet though.

Luv2DriveTT
06-05-2005, 09:35 AM
Since Klepton knows how you play, you must use reverse psychology. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

If Klepton is going to see the river no mater what, then Hero checks! You lose gaining the turn bet if you are ahead and it nearly guarantees he will bet the river, but it also saves you from dishing out an extra bet if you are seriously behind to Qx, AA, 44, KK, or AA... or more likely if your LAGgy friend decides to pop you again just to see the look on your face /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

OBVIOUSLY - value bet the river if he checks, raise any river bet you induce out of Klepton cause paybacks a bitch baby!

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

einbert
06-05-2005, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Incredibly LAG. I felt it was 100% likely here that I'd be check/raised regardless of whether or not he had a Q. It sounds like you're advocating a bet though.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is that if he is playing like a true maniac, his range of hands is so wide here that you almost want to get checkraised because you are a solid favorite. If he were playing anything resembling solid poker then I think checking behind becomes a serious option but against a true maniac I am very pleased with my hand.

jason_t
06-05-2005, 09:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is that if he is playing like a true maniac, his range of hands is so wide here that you almost want to get checkraised because you are a solid favorite. If he were playing anything resembling solid poker then I think checking behind becomes a serious option but against a true maniac I am very pleased with my hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's playing like a true maniac against the rest of the table, but against me he LAGs but is serious. His postflop skills are impressive, even when LAGging.

einbert
06-05-2005, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He's playing like a true maniac against the rest of the table, but against me he LAGs but is serious. His postflop skills are impressive, even when LAGging.

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case I'm not too big on paying three big bets to get to the showdown (and I AM going to showdown here) so I like checking behind and calling his river bet, betting the river if checked to and calling the inevitable river checkraise.

mister
06-05-2005, 12:13 PM
If you bet the river, do you feel you could fold to a raise ? Would it be justified ? Would he try raising on the river with less then the Q ?

SippinSoma
06-05-2005, 02:18 PM
Prepares to cap every street.

private joker
06-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Let him bet your hand for you. He doesn't have a queen. He would bet/3-bet if he did. His turn check-raise is a ploy with a hand like AT or 66, so call the turn check-raise and call the river. And yes, bet the turn even knowing he'll checkraise. You have the best hand. Let him spew. This is what happens when you take a guy from his 20/40 live and 30/60 online game.

Klepton
06-05-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
20/40 live

[/ QUOTE ]

ahem, 40/80 live

i believe einbert had the best strategy, which is even though it is severe high variance, the best strategy is to bet and call down if i raised

now as for a semi results, i checked planning on check/raising the turn.