PDA

View Full Version : Meh

PokerBob
06-05-2005, 08:08 AM
Just dropped 105 bets in 20 hours at Canterbury 8/16. Kill me. Here is a dumb AKs hand from that session.

Villain here is an old dude who tends to be weak-tight. Rarely raises w/out the nuts.

I am MP1 with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Old dude limps, folds to me, I raise, folds to BB who calls, old dude calls.

Flop: T /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checks around.

Turn (3 players) A /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Old dude bets, I raise, SB folds.

Ruver (HU) A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Old dude checks, I bet, old dude calls. Yes?

einbert
06-05-2005, 08:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes?

[/ QUOTE ]
Duh. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Nicmavsfan28
06-05-2005, 08:13 AM
What were you doing in the pot after the flop? Im not being sarcastic. As pretty as that AK looks it's just a looser to ANY suited club connector-a very playable hand even to many rocks in a limit game...(or junk nicknamed hands for that matter). I think you were on tilt from the other losses. Just get away from poker for a couple of days. Study your books, read fiction, heck even go get laid. But try to come back refreshed. /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Moozh
06-05-2005, 08:54 AM
Don't listen to that other guy. This is 100% standard,

ArturiusX
06-05-2005, 08:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What were you doing in the pot after the flop? Im not being sarcastic. As pretty as that AK looks it's just a looser to ANY suited club connector-a very playable hand even to many rocks in a limit game...(or junk nicknamed hands for that matter). I think you were on tilt from the other losses. Just get away from poker for a couple of days. Study your books, read fiction, heck even go get laid. But try to come back refreshed. /images/graemlins/spade.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice gimmick account.

Bill C
06-05-2005, 09:33 AM
I see "Meh" on here a lot.

What does it mean?
It sounds like something Catbert, evil HR director says in "Dilbert."

bc /images/graemlins/confused.gif

ArturiusX
06-05-2005, 09:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

What does it mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Say it outloud. Its kind of like sighing.

jason_t
06-05-2005, 09:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

What does it mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

It generally means indifference or a sigh or a shrug of the shoulders but also no.

Homer: Kids, how would you like to go... to Blockoland!
Bart & Lisa: Meh.
Homer: But the TV. gave the impression that--
Bart: We said "meh".
Lisa: M-E-H. Meh.

speirs
06-05-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It generally means indifference or a sigh or a shrug of the shoulders but also no.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for this topic, I thought it was a sheep... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mehhh

speirs
06-05-2005, 03:32 PM
Oh and i think the hand is fine by the way

hmkpoker
06-05-2005, 03:37 PM
It's so straightforward I'm surprised you had to ask about it...did the old dude flush? :-P

Redd
06-05-2005, 03:41 PM
Could someone explain why we don't lead the flop against a weak-tightie and a blind?

ep510
06-05-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Could someone explain why we don't lead the flop against a weak-tightie and a blind?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was wondering. You could very well be ahead here. Checking gives a small club the chance to draw on you and lets the other players take initiative on the turn if you don't improve.

What's the rational behind the flop check?

colgin
06-05-2005, 03:46 PM
PokerBob,

I would bet this flop when it's checked to me especially with a readable weak-tightie in EP. I think there is a pretty decent chance you pick up the pot here (and if not get a free card on the turn) and it is worth risking the checkraise. If old guy is as weak-tight as you say, then he may not check-raise without a flush, in which case you can make an easy fold.

The rest of the hand looks perfect.