PDA

View Full Version : AK mid-late tournament

yoeddy
06-05-2005, 07:54 AM
Hi

Mid-late tournament i get into blind-stealing mode, so when i get a very good hand like AKs, KK etc I'm still raising 3BB+ in late position/SB with no callers.

But should I be more inviting a call with 1.5-2BB when I'm likely in a very favourable position? Or am I best to keep taking down those blinds?

Cheers

mosdef
06-05-2005, 08:14 AM
if your plan is to bet really big when you have nothing and small when you have a great hand, you will get massacred by even moderately observant opponents.

but you may encounter exactly zero such opponents at the party low-limit tournaments.

Big Limpin'
06-05-2005, 09:26 AM
Bet what you were betting before when you had "crap". easyfosheeezee?

Also, mosdef = Voltron as far as usefulness is concerned

yoeddy
06-05-2005, 09:38 AM
thanks any reply suits me

maybe against an aggressive player you want to take your chances seeing the flop then get him betting? for pocket pairs i mean

Big Limpin'
06-05-2005, 09:45 AM
Yeah, what i meant was, failing any strong reasons to the contrary, give no indication that this hand is any differnt thatn the last few your raised with. If you been going 3BB , then hit this 3BB again. the only difference is that THIS one, you arent bowing down if they come back at ya.

yoeddy
06-05-2005, 10:37 AM
thanks

OK right so you don't want to give information away by playing your monsters differently.

If someone flat calls before me when the blinds are significant i usually assume they are have a drawing hand like suited connecters and want to see the cards as cheap as poss, in which case I am tempted to go over the top

mosdef
06-05-2005, 11:36 AM
um, you repeat exactly what i said, and then say that my opinion is useless?

i don't get it...

Big Limpin'
06-05-2005, 11:42 AM
accept my appologies, i was /am in a snarly mood. YOure right, i did just rehash what you said. I dunno why i said that. My bad. You have 1 free diss to spend on any of my future posts.

yo, this is real hard jumpin', this is real fo sho
im most definate, not think so. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

mosdef
06-05-2005, 11:46 AM
for the record, many of my statistical posts are somewhat useless since they just involve the theory of SNG result play, rather than actual play. nobody read my long last post on my controversal variance post. i'm so disappointed...

anyway, all is forgiven.