PDA

View Full Version : On-Line Vs B&M Playing Style

PJM1206
06-05-2005, 06:03 AM
Do you all play the same style in a live game as you do on line? I tend to play very tight on line, I have a VPIP of around 15% PFR of 6% (working to bring this up). My gut tells my I probably have a larger VPIP, but not much, in B&M as there typically more callers so I would play more hands frequently like suited connecotrs etc etc but I still play very tigh.

Chairman Wood
06-05-2005, 06:06 AM
I make adjustments whenever game conditions are different. From what I have seen, in general, B&M games tend to be looser and more passive than online. I observe the difference and adapt as such.

oreogod
06-05-2005, 07:12 AM
Poker is situational.

In fact if there is a table that plays like an aggressive internet table I will play in the best way suited for that...passive I play passive.

The biggest difference is, and this may be my small sample size playing live, but the tables seem much more passive and less aggressive than online. People online will be aggressive and check-raise u, where some ppl in live play feel bad or get hostile if u check raises them or someone check raises u.

One lady appoligized to me when she check raised my turn. She raised preflop, and flopped a fullhouse. She checks the flop, its checked to me on the turn. I bet, she CR, which I figured was coming anyway with the hands I put her on. She appoligized and I told, no need, this is where I fold anyway. I had AQ to her AA. Flop was A88, if u care to know.

ds914
06-05-2005, 07:35 AM
I'm definitely looser in B&Ms, largely because the other players are too. Plus, when 4-tabling online, I tend to drop borderline hands so I can concentrate on the tables in which I have a real hand -- so my VPIP is definitely lower.

You're right; you're pretty tight. However, just getting your PFR percentage up (and not touching your VPIP) should help your results. Eventually, though, you'll want to get the VPIP up a few points too.