PDA

View Full Version : Preflop play at 200$ NL, 6-max

Kjell201
06-05-2005, 06:00 AM
Preflop play at 200$ NL, 6-max

Passive table, I'm probably the only one making 3-4xbb raises somewhat regulary. The other players limp alot and when they raise its often a minraise.
Here goes some of my hands from this session. If any of these are way off, please tell me. If it's close don't bother since it's all about postflop anyway /images/graemlins/smile.gif

22 and 33 UTG, limped both.
32o in SB, 3 limpers, i complete.
44 in sb, folded to button who limped. I complete.
54o and 95s in sb. Both hands had one poster, one limper, i complete.
76s UTG+1, raise 3xbb (not standard, mixing it up).
Limped QTo UTG+1
Limp QJo UTG, one more limper, raised to 4xBB by a tightpassive player, I folded getting 5 to 2.
KQs and KQo, raised both UTG+1 (4xbb and 3xbb) after UTG limped (loose limper).
Raised A6o in CO first in 3xbb.
Raised A8s in CO 4xbb after 2 limpers (very loose limpers).
AJo, called a minraise with AJo on the button (loose player that rarely raises minraised)
AKo, everyone limped/completed. I only checked in the bb(have a feeling this is going to get most complaints, I know its bad standard, but is it ALWAYS bad?)

wtfsvi
06-05-2005, 06:17 AM
Don't complete the sb with 32o. Do not raise 76s from UTG+1 a lot of times if the table is not tight. Other than that it looks ok. (The AJ thing is questionable. how rarely does he min-raise?)

You should probably be raising big with AK in that situation, but I will check sometimes if people have started raising my continuation bets with nothing/weak holdings.

swedeD
06-05-2005, 06:23 AM
The AJ thing: do you suggest a fold or a reraise?

Caballa
06-05-2005, 06:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Fine.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't like it. Only makes one nut straight and makes the most vulnerable two pairs and trips.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Fine.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not enough limpers to justify it.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Fine.
[ QUOTE ]
Limped QTo UTG+1

[/ QUOTE ]
Guilty of this myself from time to time, but it's generally a losing proposition.
[ QUOTE ]
Limp QJo UTG, one more limper, raised to 4xBB by a tightpassive player, I folded getting 5 to 2.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fold is fine, avoid limping QJo UTG as it is, again, a losing proposition.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Fine given your description of the room.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
See above.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And again.
[ QUOTE ]
AJo, called a minraise with AJo on the button (loose player that rarely raises minraised)

[/ QUOTE ]
Routine.
[ QUOTE ]
AKo, everyone limped/completed. I only checked in the bb(have a feeling this is going to get most complaints, I know its bad standard, but is it ALWAYS bad?)

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't say it's always bad, but it's certainly bad in such a passive room.

mythrilfox
06-05-2005, 06:29 AM
All the pocket pair play is fine, although I very often raise them preflop at 6-max.

The blind completions are table dependent IMO. Sometimes you complete just because you'll make money since you play better postflop than everyone else. The advantage of a passive table is you have good odds to call if a lot of people are in the pot and you have a greater chance of taking down the pot with aggressive play if only 1 or 2 people are in the pot. So they are probably fine. If they're -ev, it's not by much.

76s is fine but the merit of that play decreases at tables where no one pays attention.

QTo and QJo limps are both bad, the fold was correct. If you limp, limp in late position. These hands are too difficult to play out of position and they don't have enough going for them. (Suited might be a fine limp if the table is passive/bad)

If you raise KQs to 4, raise KQo to 4. Other than that, both are fine.

AKo complete isn't that bad, but I really prefer a raise at a passive table. The advantage to not raising is you help control the pot size when you have tptk out of position, but this is really only a problem at particularly tough/tricky/aggro tables, which are hard to come by these days. I think with 6 people in it is almost assuredly a raise, and a big raise too - you need to limit the # of players.

Rest seem fine.

fimbulwinter
06-05-2005, 06:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop play at 200$ NL, 6-max

Passive table, I'm probably the only one making 3-4xbb raises somewhat regulary. The other players limp alot and when they raise its often a minraise.
Here goes some of my hands from this session. If any of these are way off, please tell me. If it's close don't bother since it's all about postflop anyway /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Limped QTo UTG+1

[/ QUOTE ]

all look good to me except:

QTo EP and QJ EP- even if you play dynamite postflop you'll be hard pressed to turn a profit long term

KQs and KQo EP- ten handed it's very dicey. I'd pitch them.

AJo vs minraise- this is good if the guy has a wide range of minraising hands, the converse is bad. FWIW, this hand is worth very very very little to me long term VIA PT. don't feel bad about folding it.

AKo- completely depends on stack sizes and # limpers. if you have 30BB's and there are 8 limpers, your check is terrible. if you have 300BB and 4 limpers, it's fine.

remember hands change in value by way of position and stack size. in a deep game, AA utg is a good hand. 56s on the button can be a monster.

fim

wtfsvi
06-05-2005, 06:33 AM
It depends. If villain is raising less than 10% of his hands, which he probably is given the description, I won't feel to good about the AJ. I think it should be folded.

Kjell201
06-05-2005, 06:34 AM
32o, my thinking is I'm getting 9 to 1 already, it's usually easy to get away from and it's pretty concealed if i flop something big. Is it ok to do this with 54o since it can make alot more straight?

swedeD
06-05-2005, 06:49 AM
Nice post. It points out some of my biggest leaks. Some questions:

1. AK, short stacked you treat it like a good "made" hand that you should play HU or few handed, deeped stacked you treat it just like a drawing hand, right?

2. How do you play AQo or AQs in Ep or in LP?

3. How much in per cent of your stack do you call from LP with small pp (asuming two or three players are going to see the flop)?

4. How much in per cent of your stack do you call from LP with small SC (asuming two or three players are going to see the flop)?

wtfsvi
06-05-2005, 08:57 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />
32o, my thinking is I'm getting 9 to 1 already, it's usually easy to get away from and it's pretty concealed if i flop something big. Is it ok to do this with 54o since it can make alot more straight?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will just fold 54o most of the time in that situation. But if the two other guys in the pot are tight postflop I can complete, planning to pick up the pot on a friendly flop (something like A77 rainbow). And if they are the type to stack off with mid pair if only three people see the flop, completing is good too obviously.

32o will make you less straights, and on top of that I wouldn't want to get my stack in against just anyone with 5 players to the flop and bottom two.