PDA

View Full Version : Any merit to this play?

ArturiusX
06-05-2005, 04:33 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 (poster) calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

River: (11.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB

Any merit to the check-raise on the flop? The guy who bet is weakish postflop but a bit loose preflop and will re-raise with most broadways.

squeek12
06-05-2005, 04:39 AM
if your read is good on CO, i like the check raise. but after others come along i might check fold the turn and I definitely don't bet the river.

Dariel86
06-05-2005, 05:54 AM
The threebet preflop indicates that he has an A or a better pair than you. He's probably weak postflop because your checkraise on the flop indicates much strenght.

Check fold the turn IMO

ArturiusX
06-05-2005, 05:59 AM
Why don't I check-fold the flop then?

WillyTrailer
06-05-2005, 06:24 AM
You're right. If you're going to check-raise the flop, which is a read dependent decision, then you have to bet the turn.

With a poster and all the action though you can probably just check the river. the one card to a straight is what most will think slowed you down so you'll likely get a showdown.

Hoi Polloi
06-05-2005, 06:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why don't I check-fold the flop then?

[/ QUOTE ]

With 2 checks to CO his bet could be a steal. I like the check-raise. Too bad everyone calls so you don't really know where you are in the hand.

I would not be inclined to put anymore money into the pot. If you like your read that CO would 3-bet KQo for example then call him down.

aK13
06-05-2005, 06:41 AM
I guess based on your read, raising the flop is ok. However, I've been debating the river. Have you seen CO call down with something like K or A high? if not, then you might want to check/call to induce a bluff. On the other hand, MP2 stuck in the middle is rather bothersome...

oreogod
06-05-2005, 06:59 AM
Well u either have a weak ace or a pp higher than yours tailing u. I think I take your line until the river.

I dont mind a turn check, I know I'll get flamed for that one, put once MP2 calls two cold on the flop this hand makes me feel like my stomach does after bad chinese food.

Either way after calling my flop raise, calling my turn bet, Im done with the hand. They are going to call your river bet most of the time and having a caller and an overcaller here sucks.