PDA

View Full Version : low stakes

SHIFTY
12-31-2002, 02:55 AM
when playing low stakes stud at casions, all around the U.S does the compettion stay basically the same. For example what would u rate vagas from the casion out side of vagas

CJC
12-31-2002, 02:59 AM
Hello,

Well I've played quite a bit of cards in Arizona,Las Vegas,Atlantic City and Connecticut. From what I've seen, low limit competition is basically the same.........extremely beatable.

Just my one cents..

CJ

SHIFTY
12-31-2002, 03:13 AM
Thats kinda what i thought never played in vagus and Im going there this week to play where would u suggest play stud. Or what about hight low stud low stakes any suggestion.

CJC
12-31-2002, 04:56 AM
Hello,

Most stud in Vegas is the 1-5 low limit variety; ( anything higher than that you are pretty much limited to The Mirage or Bellagio ) so anyplace that has a cardroom will probably be spreading 1-5 stud.

Well to answer your question..when I'm in Vegas I almost always play at The Mirage or Bellagio exclusively! But I have played a fair bit of 1-5 at The Luxor and Excalibur and found the games to be full of amatuer tourists. ( although there was one self-procalimed Vegas expert at the excaliber game I was in. Unfortunately for him I took about $100 from just him alone /forums/images/icons/smile.gif ) The Bellagio probably has the 'toughest' 1-5 game around..if there is such a thing.

I played some $1-5 at the Stardust once after the Friday night NLHE game. I didn't particularly like the room though.

I have heard good things about the Monte Carlo and Mandalay Bay rooms, but I have never played in them.

I'm sure some of the posters who live in Vegas can fill you in more.

Have Fun,

CJ

Dynasty
01-01-2003, 01:13 AM
I think you'll have the most fun playing in several rooms. The Bellagio and Mirage are the two biggest rooms on the Strip and definitely worth checking out. The two best small rooms on the Strip are at the Monte Carlo and Mandalay Bay. I strongly reccomend you visit those rooms.