PDA

View Full Version : "PokerSponsor" Gimmick??

OldTexan
06-05-2005, 03:47 AM
Anybody heard of this "PokerSponsor" thing. Somebody was spamming a few of the PP games tonight (but not all, which is unusual I think) and left this "offer":

[ QUOTE ]
pokersponsor: pokersponsor.cjb.net is staking and sponsoring online poker players. If you are interested apply online.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to the site and it's just a one pager form asking for basic info about the player, their poker activities, etc.

Seems fishy, but I'm always a little suspicious...

Anybody?...

Reef
06-05-2005, 04:23 AM
anything that gets spammed is trash

Kevin K.
06-05-2005, 04:27 AM
10-1 that they reply to everyone with a "Sorry, you don't qualify, but here's a special bonus offer, e-book, etc."

poker-penguin
06-05-2005, 11:09 AM
Nah, I love investigating scams.

Poker sponsor first try and get you to sign up for Noble poker through them, then "watch your play" to see if you're any good (and at one point a guy called "mike poker sponsor" actually sat down at my table - I had a noble account anyway - and showed his massive understanding of poker by talking about how bad one of my opponents was.

After watching me win 20BB at 5/10 (which must mean I'm a good player) he offered me a sponsorship deal - $200 to play 3/6 with. Repay it all at the end of the month, plus 20% of my profits, they'll then increase my funding by 10%.

Wow, what a deal, 2 short buyins for a level I'm already playing! Things have kind of stalled, especially since old mike said that their company was headed by a well known but anonymous pro player but wouldn't tell me who.

An interesting scam, and I would love for it to go further so I can see how good these guys are.