PDA

View Full Version : Flush draw equity on the flop - correctly applied?

GrandmaStabone
06-05-2005, 03:26 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

This is a play I have incorporated entirely as a result of SSHE, and I know Ed's advice is often misapplied so I wanted to make sure that I had a grasp on it.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

With four players actively involved in the pot, I have a 35% draw at the nuts while contributing only 25% of the betting, creating an equity edge, blah, blah, blah...

Anyways, in situations like these I have begun just jamming the pot on the flop to push this edge (like this 3 bet). Is this a correct play?

EDIT: What if Hero was SB? I often have a problem with having a flush draw and being first/early to act on the flop. Do I bet right out? If there is a LA of PFR'er should I try to trap the field for 2 bets with a c/r?

Turn: (10.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

On the turn I tend to slow down if I feel a bet will not win the pot, primarily because my edge has now dropped and I have odds to draw, but not to bet/raise for value.

Again, is this a correct application of these concepts?

River: (15.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds, SB folds, UTG folds, UTG+2 folds.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

Chairman Wood
06-05-2005, 03:31 AM
All good

GrandmaStabone
06-05-2005, 05:11 AM
[/ QUOTE ]
EDIT: What if Hero was SB? I often have a problem with having a flush draw and being first/early to act on the flop. Do I bet right out? If there is a LA of PFR'er should I try to trap the field for 2 bets with a c/r?

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

donger
06-05-2005, 05:25 AM
Raising this flop is good. You might clean up your Ace outs by facing hands like A4 to face 2 bets cold.

RE: being SB with an equity edge and the PFR acting last..

I'll lead flops like this a lot of times and hope to be raised, that way we can squeeze everyone else in the middle.

Nyack
06-05-2005, 07:02 AM
Standard.

[ QUOTE ]
What if Hero was SB? I often have a problem with having a flush draw and being first/early to act on the flop. Do I bet right out? If there is a LA of PFR'er should I try to trap the field for 2 bets with a c/r?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah bet out under most circumstances. With an aggressive PFR you need to think about his position relative to you and the other players and decide which line out of check/raise or bet/3-bet best traps the field.