PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculously fishy check leads to major meltdown

Nigel
06-05-2005, 02:58 AM
PP 15/30 8 handed.

HJ 40/10 type, open raises. I 3 bet J's in the CO. SB folds. BB calls. HJ caps. I call, BB calls.

Flop comes AA6 rainbow.

It's checked around to me???

Something seems to stink. I feel like I'm being set up here. I check waiting to see what develops on the turn from the BB and HJ.

Turn is a rag.

Checked to me again. Wtf?

Who bets flop, and anyone think there is a good reason not to fire here on the turn? Anyone check again?

Thanks,

Nigel

poker1O1
06-05-2005, 03:40 AM
I would choose to bet the flop and find out you're way behind as oposed to to finding out on the turn

reddred
06-05-2005, 04:04 AM
Yeah, I agree you should bet the flop. Capper is most likely in the same boat as you....has a pocket pair and thinks YOUR the one who raised w/ AK.....

Nigel
06-05-2005, 02:13 PM
I'm not sure you can found out where you are in this hand by betting the flop unless both players fold. And that seems highly unlikely.

Was hoping more people would comment on this hand. Maybe I need to post my embarassing river play. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nigel

cpitt398
06-05-2005, 06:18 PM
you can bet the flop so you can check the turn.

T. Poker
06-05-2005, 06:25 PM
I was in the almost the exact same spot this weekend...weird.

I am in BB with JJ, 2 limpers then cutoff raises. I 3 bet, limpers call and cutoff caps it. 4 of us see a flop of

QQ3. I check, so does everyone else.

Turn is a rag. Checked all around again.

River is a 10. I reach for chips then decide to check. It gets checked around and I win.

I didn't know if I played it badly or not.