PDA

View Full Version : Bubble fold with 5's from BB

45suited
06-05-2005, 02:39 AM
Blinds 100-200. After posting BB, I have 1040 chips, dealt a pair of 5's. Is my fold good here or weak?

UTG (t2000)folds
Button (t2400) raises to t400
SB (t2260)folds
BB hero (t1040) folds with a pair of 5s

Here is my thinking: If I push, Button is getting over 2:1 to call and he won't be crippled. So unless he's on a complete steal, I have zero FE. So essentially, my pushing would be the same as calling a push from the button. At best, I'm a coinflip, and at worst I'm 4:1 dog. I think that after folding here I still have some FE to steal either the next hand or before the blinds hit me again.

Is this play and thinking correct here? Also, if you agree with the fold, how high would your pair have to be to play the hand? Any thoughts would be appreciated...

lastchance
06-05-2005, 02:43 AM
Incredibly weak. You're short stack, you can't rely on busting. You don't have a very high equity right now. Slide your chips in with 5x BB against a weak raise.

I think I'd stop and go. (call and push 99% of flops)

45suited
06-05-2005, 02:54 AM
I did consider a stop-n-go. I rarely use that play but this seemed like a place for it. I should have added in my original post that button had not yet tried to steal from me for the first two orbits of the bubble so I gave him more credit for a real hand. Like I said, it felt weak, but I wasn't sure.

Also, if button had just limped, I would've insta-pushed.

lastchance
06-05-2005, 02:57 AM
Given your read, I think laying down isn't horrible. Given how good a stop and go is here with a small PP and little folding equity preflop, I make that play. I think my push is getting called here very often, but my stop and go has a good shot of working.

Myst
06-05-2005, 03:00 AM
Laying down is not horrible, but its not terrific either. You have the small stack by a wide margin. You need to double up sometime.

I think Stop - N- Go is your best bet here.

bluefeet
06-05-2005, 03:01 AM
1 - you can reasonably expect facing a raise in each of the next 2 hands.
2 - you can't reasonably expect to be dealt better than 55 in the next 2 hands.

push & look hard over you left shoulder (i don't like to watch /images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

lastchance
06-05-2005, 03:17 AM
Stop and go is much better than push here, IMHO.

bluefeet
06-05-2005, 03:24 AM
I buy that

45suited
06-06-2005, 01:49 PM
Bumping this because I posted it late at night a couple days ago... I should've added in my original post that we'd done a couple orbits on the bubble and this was the first time button had raised. My first thought was to push here, but maybe I over-thought this in the heat of the moment. Any analysis would be appreciated...

Blinds 100-200. After posting BB, I have 1040 chips, dealt a pair of 5's. Is my fold good here or weak?

UTG (t2000)folds
Button (t2400) raises to t400
SB (t2260)folds
BB hero (t1040) folds with a pair of 5s

Here is my thinking: If I push, Button is getting over 2:1 to call and he won't be crippled. So unless he's on a complete steal, I have zero FE. So essentially, my pushing would be the same as calling a push from the button. At best, I'm a coinflip, and at worst I'm 4:1 dog. I think that after folding here I still have some FE to steal either the next hand or before the blinds hit me again.