PDA

View Full Version : Another logical call on the bubble...

Nick M
06-05-2005, 02:21 AM
I posted something like this a few days ago. Some people didn't think it was interesting I still do. Sometimes you know someone can't have what they are implying they have and it's free money if you call. Here is another example of this...

No Limit - Level VI (100/200)
Table '8639131 1' Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: HERO (5730 in chips)
Seat 4: BettnTibetn (3620 in chips)
Seat 5: DucesRDeadly (1870 in chips)
Seat 8: Nofxx (2280 in chips)
HERO: posts small blind 100
BettnTibetn: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Trikenit [Td Qh]
DucesRDeadly: folds
Nofxx: folds
HERO: calls 100
BettnTibetn: checks
*** FLOP *** [Jh 3h 3d]
HERO: checks
*** TURN *** [Jh 3h 3d] [3c]
*** RIVER *** [Jh 3h 3d 3c] [7d]
BettnTibetn: bets 300
HERO said, "u would have moved in with big cards preflop"
HERO: calls 300
*** SHOW DOWN ***
BettnTibetn: shows [8d 2c] (three of a kind, Threes)
HERO: shows [Td Qh] (three of a kind, Threes - Queen kicker)
HERO collected 1000 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 1000 | Rake 0
Board [Jh 3h 3d 3c 7d]
Seat 1: HERO (small blind) showed [Td Qh] and won (1000) with three of a kind, Threes
Seat 4: BettnTibetn (big blind) showed [8d 2c] and lost with three of a kind, Threes
Seat 5: DucesRDeadly folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: Nofxx (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

this was the same situation as the other one. If I limped instead of pushing he pushed, this time he didn't.

Newt_Buggs
06-05-2005, 02:23 AM
lol

couldn't find the "bet" button on any of the streets?

dmmikkel
06-05-2005, 02:31 AM
No no, check is good, then you encourage a bluff where you can call with Qhigh.

This is bad play because I don't think he'd push Kx and hitting the 7 on the river was far from unlikely. This hand should never have come to showdown

Nick M
06-05-2005, 02:32 AM
why bet when you have the best hand here??? I am confused. You think I should bet the turn? I rather take a chance and get paid for my good hand.

Nick M
06-05-2005, 02:34 AM
he would push about 80% of the time I limped. So i believe yes he would push a King. And the only card I was afraid of was the 7. But obviously i have to call.

bluefeet
06-05-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
he would push about 80% of the time I limped

[/ QUOTE ]

...quit limping. seriously. you're comment in the HH gives me the impression HE was bullying YOU (where YOU=chip leader). "ha, i know i have you beat cuz you didn't squash me like a bug this time!!". your call and subsequent collecting of the chips would have been sufficient. providing your deductive reasoning only solidifies villians belief that he owns you.

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

anyway....fold your garbage, hit him hard when you have something (and occasionally when you don't /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

Myst
06-05-2005, 03:22 AM
QT is not a trapping hand. Raise preflop. Unless you have such superior reads that you can play any two against this joker for a profit.

Nick M
06-06-2005, 05:53 PM
I don't agree that pushing all the time is right. I push a lot but I also limp a lot, and I raise a lot. People here are always like Push this and push that. You say push this hand...But what if I told you I pushed the last 3 hands in a row?? Then what would you say? You can't say push this hand because you don't know my table image at the moment.

Scuba Chuck
06-06-2005, 06:07 PM
Nick, you didn't say what buyin this was, but I assume from the Tourney Masters board, this is a $109+.

Thank you for the post. I agree with your assessment. Villain has a very weak hand here. I also agree that if villain had a K, he'd very likely check it through. These aren't calls I would make. Perhaps I need to spend more time thinking about. This hand just feels like one of those "first to bet" takes the hand. But I see now how after the river, this is a little different.

I agree, this is an interesting hand.

Good luck at the tables.
Scuba

Nick M
06-06-2005, 06:24 PM
you know what I think is the most interesting part is...after you check the flop to him and he checks behind, you have to check it out to give him a chance to bluff. See people say ohhh why didn't you bet?? because unless i bet the flop right away there is no reason to bet the turn or the river, cause I need to give him a chance to bluff. See if I know he doesn't have an Ace or a King, because he would have pushed preflop, then when the 3rd 3 falls on the turn i HAVE to check the turn cause I most likely have the best hand. I can't bet cause he'll fold...or worse raise me hahaha.

And this is a 16 PS turbo, if this were something higher i would have pushed. You can't push like a mad man on the 16 turbos the donks call your azz...it sucks.

durron597
06-06-2005, 06:28 PM
I don't know about your opponent, but if I didn't bet that flop I check behind on the river unless I have the 7.

Nick M
06-06-2005, 06:36 PM
1st thing...he's a donkey

2nd thing...i wouldn't bet with a 7 if i had one in his position. No reason to. I would have pushed with an ace preflop. And the only reason to bet would be if you think I would call with K high or Q high. I check behind if i hit the 7. I'm either going to fold or re-raise his bet. But like I said he's a donk so the only card i'm worried about is the 7, but how do i not call here knowing what i know about the line of the hand?