PDA

View Full Version : set of kings on a suited flop

dark_horse
06-05-2005, 02:14 AM
villian is loose passive. whether or not i have the odds to draw to a full house, i believe i could have gotten at least 3 bets out of him on the river if i did. but yeah, the call on the river wins my retard play of the week.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 max, 9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

toss
06-05-2005, 02:15 AM
Yeah bad river call against a loose passive.

JoshuaD
06-05-2005, 02:22 AM
I'll make that river call unless my read is really strong. A loose passive can be really proud of 64 on this flop -- they often times just don't realize the flush is out there.

The rest looks good.

smokingrobot
06-05-2005, 11:45 AM
once the 4th club dropped i would have folded. looks like he drew to the flush. if there were 4 or 5 other players limping through, then perhaps it might've made it worth your while to see if the board pairs, but 3.75 BB on the turn makes it pretty obvious there isnt enough in there to make it worth drawing to the river.

CallMeIshmael
06-05-2005, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but 3.75 BB on the turn makes it pretty obvious there isnt enough in there to make it worth drawing to the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont forget to count bets from the current betting round.

CallMeIshmael
06-05-2005, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
whether or not i have the odds to draw to a full house

[/ QUOTE ]

You have 10 nut/near nut outs, getting 6.75-1.

Why would you dream of folding?

dark_horse
06-05-2005, 11:54 AM
let's say the boat comes on the river. do you c/r or bet out, hoping to 3bet? i typically see the good players bet out when they hit their hands, and the worse players c/r.

CallMeIshmael
06-05-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
let's say the boat comes on the river. do you c/r or bet out, hoping to 3bet? i typically see the good players bet out when they hit their hands, and the worse players c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on villian.

Since he is passive, he is probably less likely than average to raise your lead. As such, I would CR here.

If, however, villian was normal or agressive, I would bet/3-bet.

dark_horse
06-05-2005, 12:48 PM
but aren't the normal/aggressive players more observant, and as such more likely to simply call your "bet out of nowhere?" when someone bets out at me on the river when i've been the aggressor for the entire hand, i'll almost always just call, unless i know the player or i have the nuts/near nuts.

also, just as a set is a well concealed hand, a full house in this hand would be pretty well concealed, as the player is typically seeing all those clubs and almost ignores the fact that the board paired. i'd assume betting out or a c/r would indicate the A/images/graemlins/club.gif to villian. if villian has the A/images/graemlins/club.gif then you're golden.