PDA

View Full Version : Chip Label Feedback

faytlnd
06-05-2005, 01:52 AM
My nexgens are on the way, which means its time for me to finally get my chip label design together. I have been working on this label for about a month (on and off) now. It has changed quite a bit since I have decided to get some nexgens, as I have changed the scheme to match the chips. Any feedback would be appreciated. I am specifically worried about the stye/coloring of the lettering. Thanks in advance.

http://www.nd.edu/~pvarley/chips.jpg

kt421
06-05-2005, 03:33 AM
very nice. what does the inscription mean?

Sandstone
06-05-2005, 10:34 PM
Those look awesome. I wouldn't mind a set of these myself.

mrpurple
06-06-2005, 12:22 AM
I think they are great. If i was ever to order custom chips, I'd definately want an Irish theme.

I've never had a home game though so I've never needed chips.

Since my job is relocating me to Vegas, I probably won't play home games there either. I guess I'll get over it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you go with different labels for every denomination, I suggest you add a Trinity knot and perhaps a harp.

My brother loves to design Celtic knots and when i was thinking up a dream chip set he did some great stuff. if you are interested let me know.

faytlnd
06-06-2005, 01:33 AM
Unfortunately, I am not going to make up a different label for each chip. My dream set would definitely be that, undoubtedly with an irish/celtic theme. I would definitely need some help with the freehanding, as I am not very good with paper and pencil, but I can get by on the computer with clip art.

These are just for a set of nexgens, and I intend them to be something relatively decent, holding me over till I can afford a nice set of custom ASMs or Chipcos. When that time comes I will definitely need some help, unfortunately that will be a few years down the road. If twoplustwo is still around then, I will look you up again. Definitely thanks for the offer.

Also, I have edited this design to make it a bit simpler, so that its better suited to a 1 inch label. In that version I got a little overzealous with photoshop effects. Here is the newversion, in complete mockup.

http://www.nd.edu/~pvarley/chipset.jpg

ricochet420
06-06-2005, 01:49 AM
They look pretty nice. Reminds me, I need to post pics of mine.