PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have problems laying down QQ when you KNOW

ripped
06-05-2005, 01:03 AM
you are beat? I have lost 3 buyins in 2 days when I knew that I was beat PF by Aces or Kings. Both times I paid them off. I know this is a MAJOR leak but I am having a rough time laying them down. Anyone else have this problem with Q's?

Karak567
06-05-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you are beat? I have lost 3 buyins in 2 days when I knew that I was beat PF by Aces or Kings. Both times I paid them off. I know this is a MAJOR leak but I am having a rough time laying them down. Anyone else have this problem with Q's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um if you are in the 33s or less and you are laying down QQ pre-flop, that's a major leak IMO.

Over the last 2 days I have had 3 of those "I just know he has AA or KK situations."

Once he actually did flip AA.

The other two flipped 22 and 55.

Lots of players like to re-raise all in with small pocket pairs ,even with a raise and a re-raise ahead of them.

Folding QQ PF at a 33 and below is a leak.

ripped
06-05-2005, 01:40 AM
These are the 55's and twice the person limped from EP. I raise the pot and get reraised the MINIMUM. That tells me right away I am against the monsters. The flop would come and it's rags. I bet and of course get raised and now have to make a decision. Well that decision has been the WRONG 1 everytime. Each time I suspected the aces Villain had them.

Nepa
06-05-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
These are the 55's and twice the person limped from EP. I raise the pot and get reraised the MINIMUM. That tells me right away I am against the monsters. The flop would come and it's rags. I bet and of course get raised and now have to make a decision. Well that decision has been the WRONG 1 everytime. Each time I suspected the aces Villain had them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you been able to make good laydowns before this? ie. your gut is telling you to lay it down and you do?

The reason I ask is mostly when I get to the point where I can't follow my gut or ,my timing is off, I take a break for a few days.

ripped
06-05-2005, 01:49 AM
Not really with Q's. For some reason they are hard to laydown on a rag board. But I kick my ass everytime I do this mistake. I am hoping that I will get away from this now and let the damn hand go.

I have my share of leaks and this seems to me 1 of the big 1's. I will overcome it.

Karak567
06-05-2005, 01:49 AM
55s.... well that's out of my territory. NVM then, heh.