PDA

View Full Version : JJ HU in position, really really scary board

DavidC
06-04-2005, 11:52 PM
Since many of my recent posts have been passive, I thought I'd post this up.

I'm not really sure how to play this hand heads-up.

Any comments are welcome.

Unfortunately, this is villain's first hand at the table. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I will ask the inevitable question: How do I handle a raise?

---

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

Quercus
06-04-2005, 11:55 PM
I don't like giving a free card here on the flop.

zuluking
06-04-2005, 11:56 PM
I would have bet the flop here.

atnels
06-04-2005, 11:57 PM
Villain's turn check raise is weird since you checked the flop through.

I just call a raise on the river.

Dave G.
06-05-2005, 12:02 AM
I don't like the PF cap against an unknown. I posted something similar in another thread just now. What legitimate 3-betting hands are you infront of here? Only AK and AQ (and some wouldn't 3-bet AQ). With 3 overcards that can come to beat you on the flop, this should just be a call.

I would bet the flop and fold to a raise. If he's raising with something like KK, he might give up right there, or at least just call you and allow you more room to move on the turn (you can check through if you only want to call one more bet or fire again). If he raises it pretty much means an ace, which means you can fold.

I think the turn is fine with the OESD despite the hearts.

I check the river through. I don't think this is the time for a value bet. Any 7, Q, or heart has you crushed. The only hands that you're in front of, that you can put him on given his PF 3-bet, are AK or KK, and only if he doesn't have K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. You can fold to a raise, he's not raising anything less than a flush here.

zuluking
06-05-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the PF cap against an unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would cap this everytime.

shadow29
06-05-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What legitimate 3-betting hands are you infront of here? Only AK and AQ (and some wouldn't 3-bet AQ).

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is that they don't have legitimate 3-betting hands.

Dave G.
06-05-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The point is that they don't have legitimate 3-betting hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, this is villain's first hand at the table.

How can you know this, given that this is the very first hand villain has played?

zuluking
06-05-2005, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How can you know this, given that this is the very first hand villain has played?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because this is PP .50/1. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DavidC
06-05-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the PF cap against an unknown. I posted something similar in another thread just now. What legitimate 3-betting hands are you infront of here? Only AK and AQ (and some wouldn't 3-bet AQ). With 3 overcards that can come to beat you on the flop, this should just be a call.

I would bet the flop and fold to a raise. If he's raising with something like KK, he might give up right there, or at least just call you and allow you more room to move on the turn (you can check through if you only want to call one more bet or fire again). If he raises it pretty much means an ace, which means you can fold.

I think the turn is fine with the OESD despite the hearts.

I check the river through. I don't think this is the time for a value bet. Any 7, Q, or heart has you crushed. The only hands that you're in front of, that you can put him on given his PF 3-bet, are AK or KK, and only if he doesn't have K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. You can fold to a raise, he's not raising anything less than a flush here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just keep in mind that I had position on the villain. That's pretty much the reason that I capped it.

Don't forget that I could be behind to AA also. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Is position a good enough reason to cap this?

--Dave.

DavidC
06-05-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because this is PP .50/1. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just keep in mind, this is whore week, and I'm at a large-pot table.

--Dave.

VBM
06-05-2005, 12:29 AM
Hey David,

I bet the flop &amp; check the river...