PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 Doyles Room

JJH3984
06-04-2005, 11:11 PM
Sorry this isn't in the converter

I've been at the table for about 2 hours. My image is tight. Table ranges from loose passive to tight passive except for UTG who is loose aggressivish especially post-flop. I am in SB with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG: calls, 4 Folds, CO: calls, Button: Calls, Hero Completes, BB checks

Flop:
Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero bets (??), BB folds, UTG calls, CO call, Button folds

Turn:
2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero: Bets, UTG calls, CO folds

River:
7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero: Checks, UTG: Bets, Hero calls

Spartan1983
06-05-2005, 12:18 AM
I think this is an easy river bet.

private joker
06-05-2005, 12:29 AM
How is Doyle's Room in general? And how does it compare to Party?

JJH3984
06-05-2005, 03:04 AM
I find it very soft at the mid-low limits (3-6 to 5-10)

setzf
06-05-2005, 03:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is an easy river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? why do you say this? with no real draws there are not many hands he would be a favorite against if called i think.

mister
06-05-2005, 04:08 AM
I think you have to value bet this. You're not against KQ, you would have seen a raise earlier. For every time you get counterfeit and QJ and QT are out there, I'm sure you could easily also be up against A6s, or a pocket pair. I'd bet and fold to a raise (from a tight player).

WillyTrailer
06-05-2005, 05:45 AM
I think your line is pretty good. I might go for the check-raise on the flop, but surely we bet out on the turn.

I also like the check on the river. Maybe you could river bet for value, but it's these 'maybe' situations where I like to check for a bit of table image. I want my opponents to think I'm only betting really strong hands on the river so they'll make the huge mistake of folding some mediocre hands when I river bet.

The fact is, is that it's somewhat likely that your opponent has a seven or another queen since he was calling all the way.

Furthermore, checking puts him in a good spot to bluff and you call and still make a bet.

Lastly, checking in these mediocre, 'maybe' value bet situations will let you see some showdowns with worse hands from out of position later on. I think checking the river here has a lot of value. Both on this hand and ones to come.

I think this is a good spot to mix it up a bit.

-WT

SoSo
06-05-2005, 06:24 AM
try and c/r this flop, betting is just so plain and boring

Hoi Polloi
06-05-2005, 06:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
try and c/r this flop, betting is just so plain and boring

[/ QUOTE ]

I think betting out here is the right play. I think making tactical decisions based the criteria cited is dead wrong. I don't have a sense of humor.