PDA

View Full Version : Top set V suited board

JohnM
12-30-2002, 05:20 PM
I am a third of the way thru a b&m 10 table NL tourney and find myself limping with 77 on the button. 4 others had already limped and the SB had his chip ready to drop. OK so far?

I am in good chip position with about 10K and blinds of 100-200. The flop is great?? I find myself looking at the 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif , 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif , and 3 /forums/images/icons/club.gif but they are all clubs /forums/images/icons/frown.gif It then goes chk, chk 1000, fold fold call to me and I call /forums/images/icons/confused.gif . Both blinds fold. The bettor is a very loose aggressive bettor and the fellow that called is very weak passive.

The turn was an offsuit Ten and the betting then went 2000, call, call /forums/images/icons/confused.gif again. The river was a red queen and everyone checked. The first bettor turned over an 8 /forums/images/icons/club.gif and 2/forums/images/icons/club.gif and the middle player showed a red 6 and 4 for a straight. I mucked in third place /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif .

I feel that I played this hand poorly on all but the last street but want to know especially how to play top set when the board is scary /forums/images/icons/confused.gif . Fire away!