PDA

View Full Version : Good at Limit / no nothing about no-limit

Cactus Cactus
06-04-2005, 07:50 PM
I do quite well at limit holdem. I play 10-20 to 30-60 6 person to heads up, but what I am wondering is ther money to be made in no limit? Is it worth it to take time out and learn no limit, and go through the inital downswing for month while learning it... Or should I stick with the ole' sayin' if it ain't broken why fix it? and just it with limit

Cactus Cactus
06-04-2005, 07:52 PM
I'm embarassed about the spelling error. I do know that it is "know nothing" instead of "no nothing"

r3vbr
06-05-2005, 04:15 AM
no limit is the cadillac of poker ... didnt u know that!?

i think the same think as you do but the opposite. i wonder if at fixed i could earn more..
but in my case ill stick with nl

Reef
06-05-2005, 04:20 AM
I think knowing both games is a blessing. Played limit the first year of my poker career. Learned NL and have been doing it for the last 6 months. Might go back to limit sometime later..

you may find out you like the other game more

StacysMom
06-05-2005, 04:20 AM
If ur beating 10-20 through 30-60, u must have a very good grasp of limit and the aforementioned cliche applies.

MrTrik
06-05-2005, 11:29 AM
I found I like NL better, but limit more profitable for me. So I do NL STT now and then to get better at that, but rely on limit for building the BR.

captZEEbo1
06-05-2005, 02:59 PM
I think NL is a lot easier after playing limit for so long. You just generally have a lot better idea where you stand and how good your hand looks.

Rudbaeck
06-05-2005, 03:34 PM
On the same bankroll you could possibly squeeze out a bit more per hour playing NL than limit, but it's not a major difference in ring games.

However, limit tournies is an excercise in frustration. Learn no limit for tourney play if nothing else.

I msyelf have limit hold'em as my bread and butter game. But I do dabble in nlhe cash games, 7cs, plo and nlhe tournies. If nothing else it will keep you from going insane.