PDA

View Full Version : Jete's and A-Rod tonight

trying2learn
06-04-2005, 07:41 PM
So Jeter is benched - errrrr, has the night off - and A-Rod is batting 5th.

Maybe it's the line-up that needs fixing, and not the pitching. Come on Yankee fan - you can't be happy with this form of trying to 'fix' the slump can you?

hoopsie44
06-04-2005, 07:45 PM
Yankee pitching has not been all that bad. In the AL you have to score 5-6 runs a game and the Yanks are not doing it. Jeter has been stinking it up the last 2 weeks, but he is bullet proof as far as criticism goes. Easier targets such as A-Rod get the brunt of the boos, even when the guy leads the AL in home runs, rbi's, and runs scored.

trying2learn
06-04-2005, 08:13 PM
"Jacque Jones (6) 3 run shot to right off Wang - Ford, Hunter, Jones scored."

Here we go again....

Jake (The Snake)
06-04-2005, 08:19 PM
You guys are crazy. Look at the stats. Yanks are 3rd best in the AL in runs scores, 4th worst in pitching. Hitting is certainly not the problem.

masse75
06-04-2005, 09:33 PM
DAMMIT...can we just have one stupid [censored] Yankees post?

andyfox
06-05-2005, 01:41 AM
Piled up another seven hits.

Young Mr. Wang is their best pitcher right now.

DoubleDown
06-05-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Young Mr. Wang is their best pitcher right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

based on consistency- no doubt about it... unfortunately, I can see them shipping him off to a team like Colorado at the deadline for some over-rated Jason Jennings type just for the sake of making a move.

Wang is their only tradeable commodity right now (Cano also- but only if you bring back a 2B, CF, or LF for him in addition to an Arm), but he's seemingly too valuable to give up right now. He's the only starter that has been going out to the mound and consistently delivering a quality start.

I hate it when hysterical fans/media create such an uproarious enviroment surrounding a team ... basically forcing the GM to make a move just to placate the mass' desire to "do something." [See: Aaron Boone for left-hander Brandon Claussen]

hoopsie44
06-05-2005, 10:06 AM
Overall, Boone was(and still is) a stiff. But I do recall him getting one pretty big hit.

Jack of Arcades
06-05-2005, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Overall, Boone was(and still is) a stiff. But I do recall him getting one pretty big hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact of the matter was that Aaron Boone was in no way an upgrade over Robin Ventura, who went to the Dodgers for peanuts and hit just as well as Aaron.

theredpill7
06-05-2005, 10:08 AM

Jack of Arcades
06-05-2005, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, just because Boone got them to the world series doesn't mean it was a good trade, k?

theredpill7
06-05-2005, 10:15 AM

Jack of Arcades
06-05-2005, 10:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people will never learn.

hoopsie44
06-05-2005, 10:56 AM
At the time the Claussen-Boone trade was made Ventura was washed up. Boone was a dud for the Yankees, but Claussen has not fulfilled his promise. And yes, Cashman would make the deal again in a heartbeat just for Boone's pennant winning homer.

Jack of Arcades
06-05-2005, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
At the time the Claussen-Boone trade was made Ventura was washed up. Boone was a dud for the Yankees, but Claussen has not fulfilled his promise. And yes, Cashman would make the deal again in a heartbeat just for Boone's pennant winning homer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, except, you're completely wrong.

Aaron Boone, 2003, Pre-ASB: .782 OPS (in the GAB)
Robin Ventura, 2003, Pre-ASB: .715 OPS

So the Yanks traded a promising young lefty away for a marginal increase in their production from their 3B?

hoopsie44
06-05-2005, 12:03 PM
I'm not extolling the merits of Aaron Boone as a ballplayer. Except for his homer against the Sox, he was horrible. But Robin Ventura was done. He shot his load in 1999 with the Mets and was on a downward slide. The Yankees were getting a player 6 years younger and Claussen has yet to become a bona fide starter. The Yankees are notorious for over-hyping their farm prospects. Again, Cashman would make the trade again today if he to do it over. And these are all the words that 3 lightweights like Ventura, Boone, and Claussen deserve.

Jack of Arcades
06-05-2005, 12:15 PM
I just don't understand how Robin Ventura was "washed up" when, at the time the deal was made, Boone was only slightly better than Robin.

I also don't understand how Ventura "blew his load" in 1999 when he was nearly as good in '02 as he was in '99.

Just sayin'...

hoopsie44
06-05-2005, 12:32 PM
He must have been pretty close to washed up in 2003...in '04 he batted .243 as a part time scrub for LA...and now he's out of baseball.