PDA

View Full Version : UFC - My buddys first fight tonight

Slacker13
06-04-2005, 07:39 PM
My buddy Charles McCarthy fights his first UFC fight tonight at the Taj. It will be on pay per view so if your watching a little 2+2 luv would be appreciated.

trying2learn
06-04-2005, 07:42 PM
good luck to your boy - i can't imagine stepping into that octagon man - he must be a tough s.o.b.

KungFuSandwich
06-04-2005, 07:49 PM
I shall Respect REX
I shall never misuse REX KWON DO
I shall be a champion of FREEDOM and JUSTICE

Slacker13
06-04-2005, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he must be a tough s.o.b.

[/ QUOTE ]
He is one those real quiet guys too. Barely says a word. Then when he gets into the ring he's a frickin animal.

BWebb
06-04-2005, 07:59 PM
I'll root for him. Going to pick up the box right now so I can watch it later.

Talk2BigSteve
06-05-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My buddy Charles McCarthy fights his first UFC fight tonight at the Taj. It will be on pay per view so if your watching a little 2+2 luv would be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went out Drinking last night, sooo...

Did he win????

Living, Learning, and Laughing.
Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

mcb
06-05-2005, 01:50 PM
lost - tko

trying2learn
06-05-2005, 01:52 PM
sadly, he lost. he took a MEAN spinning back kick to the gut, and the ref stopped it shortly after that.

pshreck
06-05-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sadly, he lost. he took a MEAN spinning back kick to the gut, and the ref stopped it shortly after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fight had to be stopped because of a kick to the gut?

Did he complained that his tummy hurt?

-Skeme-
06-05-2005, 03:37 PM
A spinning kick to the gut from a pro fighter is like being hit with a bat.

pshreck
06-05-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what its like. Since when are UFC matches ended by any strike whatsoever to the gut?

-Skeme-
06-05-2005, 03:38 PM
http://www.sherdog.com/images/pictures/14139.jpg

-Skeme-
06-05-2005, 03:39 PM
I don't think it was stopped just because he was kicked hard. I assume he wasn't fighting 100% after the kick and the ref noticed. If he's fighting limp or half-assed due to an injury, the ref stops the match so nobody gets hurt.

Blarg
06-05-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what its like. Since when are UFC matches ended by any strike whatsoever to the gut?

[/ QUOTE ]

Boxing matches have been won from gut shots too. People are only human, after all, no matter how tough or in good shape they are. Sometimes those guys taking gut shots so well are pissing blood for a while after. Real damage is being done.

dr. klopek
06-06-2005, 01:38 AM
Who did he fight?

fryKing
06-06-2005, 01:49 AM
He got kicked in the stomach/torso, had the wind completely knocked out of him, then his opponent followed up with a flying knee and was about to start pummeling him on the ground. He clearly couldn't defend himself anymore, so the ref stopped it.

Great fight though.

csuf_gambler
06-06-2005, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Who did he fight?

[/ QUOTE ]

david "the crow" louisue

like that means anything to you...

csuf_gambler
06-06-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He got kicked in the stomach/torso, had the wind completely knocked out of him, then his opponent followed up with a flying knee and was about to start pummeling him on the ground. He clearly couldn't defend himself anymore, so the ref stopped it.

Great fight though.

[/ QUOTE ]

he got kicked in the ribs

http://www.fightreport.net/gifs/loiseau_spinkick.gif

dr. klopek
06-06-2005, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who did he fight?

[/ QUOTE ]

david "the crow" louisue

like that means anything to you...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only seen him fight in 44 & 51. I remember being impressed, but doubtful about his chances in his weight class.

-Skeme-
06-06-2005, 08:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.fightreport.net/gifs/loiseau_spinkick.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

BRUTAL KICK

-Skeme-
06-06-2005, 09:09 AM
http://charlesm.com/

Dude, your friend is cool with Kimbo? That's raw.

Slacker13
06-06-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The fight had to be stopped because of a kick to the gut?Did he complained that his tummy hurt?

[/ QUOTE ]

That kick was brutal. I talked to him briefly, he said it took the wind right out of him but he was pissed that it was stopped. He felt he could have continued.

-Skeme-
06-06-2005, 02:51 PM
Notice John McCarthy's reaction. He started to run over immediately after. That kick was insane, he threw a punch right into it.

fryKing
06-06-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That kick was brutal. I talked to him briefly, he said it took the wind right out of him but he was pissed that it was stopped. He felt he could have continued.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know any actual fighters, but I would guess that they're often unhappy when a fight is stopped. Tim Sylvia was unhappy when his fight against Frank Mir was stopped, and his arm had just been snapped.

But it was definitely understandable that this fight was stopped, the ref has to err on the side of protecting the fighter's health.

Jakesta
06-06-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The fight had to be stopped because of a kick to the gut?

Did he complained that his tummy hurt?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love to see you in a UFC match. You would get your ass kicked and be crying within two minutes. You speak like a true computer warrior.

-Skeme-
06-06-2005, 03:57 PM
Word on the street is your boy put up a horrible debut. His swing was pretty weird, with his head down and all. I've heard both negative and positive comments about Chainsaw. His ribs broken? And do you have a screen shot of the flying knee he took to the dome?

-Skeme-
06-07-2005, 09:33 PM
http://img15.echo.cx/img15/3496/loiseau8bb.gif

Needless to say, if he hadn't dodged that.. his head would be in the stands somewhere.

BWebb
06-07-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://img15.echo.cx/img15/3496/loiseau8bb.gif

Needless to say, if he hadn't dodged that.. his head would be in the stands somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, but if he could have caught him like he almost did, that would have been some serious pwnage!

Blackjack
06-07-2005, 09:36 PM
Holy [censored] hell.. That is the coolest kick ever.. How do any of the boxers even come closer to beating the kickers? Insane..

I saw UFC once at the Mohegan Sun but it wasn't nearly as cool as those 2 clips right there.

Blackjack