View Full Version : KK Hand

job314
06-04-2005, 07:34 PM
This is from a home game SNG.
Structure
Starting Stacks 2,000
Starting Blinds 50-25
Blinds increase every 40 mins.

We are still on the first level, 7 players left. I have around 3500, other player in the hand has about 1600. There is another big stack at 3500-4000. Everyone else is around 1500-2000.

1 Folds. Villian opens pot for 200. 2 folds. I have KK on the button. I reraise to 600. Both the blinds fold. Villian calls 400.

Flop is is J/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Im first to act and I bet 1000 putting opponent all in.

Was this the best way to play the hand? I figured I had some alternatives.

1)Reraising to a higher amount 800 or 1000
2)Moving all in and setting my opponent all in

I thought that I wanted to get action with my Kings so I didn't want to reraise so much that he would fold. I also wanted to be able to get away from the hand if an Ace flops. So thats why I didn't go with option 1. I didn't go with option 2 because if he called with AK, I dont want him to have 5 chances to hit an ace. I also didn't want him to just fold because I wanted some action on my kings. Thats why I didn't go with option 2.

Would you play this hand the same way, or would you play it differently and why?

Thanks alot! All comments are appreciated.

P.S. This is my first post, so if I left out some needed information please tell me.

bluefeet
06-04-2005, 07:55 PM
baring any read/indication that he would call your all-in reraise PF, i would do it EXACTLY like you did. you've come this far and have a decent pot. no sense getting cute on the flop for his last 1k. if he has JJ or an 8? "nh"

Kristian
06-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Welcome to these forums!

I think you played it fine. Obviously any reads that you might have could be important, but with no reads it was well played.
This got my attention:

[ QUOTE ]

1)Reraising to a higher amount 800 or 1000
2)Moving all in and setting my opponent all in

...I didn't go with option 2 because if he called with AK, I dont want him to have 5 chances to hit an ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you somehow knew you were against AK and sure of a call, that would be a great situation for you. Being that much of a favourite to bust him out is awesome, and fear of his ace should NOT hold you back.

The size of the raise should be adjusted by your opinion of what hands your opponent would call a raise of a particular size with. I think 600-800 is pretty standard. If you think he could be calling with a wide variety of hands, pushing could be correct.

lastchance
06-04-2005, 08:13 PM
Standard.