PDA

View Full Version : An Idea I've Been Thinking About

CIncyHR
06-04-2005, 06:20 PM
I'm sure I'll get flamed for thism but right now I need to ask it.

I was a 3.7 BB/100 winner at 1/2 6max over like 15k, so I moved up to 2/4. After my first 30k or so at 2/4 im only winning like 1 BB/100.

I thought it was variance for a while, but now im starting to think I just suck. I had been playing too tight, so I took the 2+2 advice to raise mroe preflop and see more showdowns. Raising seems to be working mroe for me, but everytime I see a showdwon I wouldnt usually see, I lose.

So here is what I was wondering. Is anybody willing to down with me, either yby email or AIM or somethnig and go over sets of hand histories? Like maybe 100 consecutive hands or something? I could really use some help becuase I feel like Im leaking off tons of money.

It would be awesome if someone could help me out.

Also, does anyone have links for good threads on table selection?

Thanks.

danng721
06-04-2005, 06:36 PM
Raising more preflop (depending on how much you raised before) is definitely important. Can't really comment more since you haven't shown your stats.

Going to showdown more is completely overrated however and you should not be going to showdown more for the sake of bumping up your stat. Just keep posting hands that are giving you trouble and you should be able to figure out what's wrong.

naphand
06-05-2005, 04:45 AM
This post sums up the reasons why posting stats and "thinking about stats" is generally a massive waste of time.

The stats are useful to indicate what strategical weknesses you have, they are not any guide to some kind of absolute or "ideal" statistical profile.

Look at your stats, ifthey show you are not stealing enough blinds spend some time thinking about what you are stealing with, which hands you could introduce and how to play these post-flop etc. If you are not seeing enough SD compared with others then you need to try and understand WHY from a strategy point of view. It could be lots of things:

(1) Folding when you have odds to draw.
(2) Folding best hands against aggression/bluffs.
(3) Playing hands to the flop you should be folding (such as low PP to a PFR).
(4) Mis-reading your opponents.

A small piece of advice would be to call down more against LAGs and bluffers especially on typical bluff board like when a card pairs on the Turn, or sudden donkbets from nowhere. Against passive players, you can more comfortably fold.

Stats are signposts, knowing how far it is to New York and what direction is not the same as being in NY, is it?