PDA

View Full Version : Top pair with nut draw, most profitable play?

Goodnews
06-04-2005, 04:07 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO (poster) checks, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

<font color="blue"> I missed a bet preflop here. </font>

Flop: (5.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero ???

Should I push my equity edge here, though I'd be called/raised by a bigger ace (but thats unlikely considering the lack of preflop action), I would have a great redraw. Or should I try to collect an extra 1.5 BB ?

Joe826
06-04-2005, 04:20 PM
you're probably not drawing, you have a made hand. protect it.

JrJordan
06-04-2005, 04:23 PM
You have a solid hand, but still very vulnerable without a diamond. I raise here to charge 2SB for a lower flush draw or one pair hands.

clownshoes
06-04-2005, 04:31 PM
Its pretty annoying how a lot of 2+2ers get a boner over "protecting your hand" or "charging the flush draws" I mean whats so wrong with raising for value? Its a strange concept, I know. You have a ridiculous amount of equity but its useless if you dont raise.

I would also raise PF

wheelz
06-04-2005, 04:46 PM
I would call

The question is "most profitable play?" not "how do I protect my hand?" /images/graemlins/grin.gif

edit: at 1/2, raising may be better... but as you can see I like to try to keep the other players in here, not face them with 2 cold. Is that good? Or only if I don't have top pair to go with the nut flush draw?

At 1/2 they are probably just as willing to call 2 cold anyways.

afk
06-04-2005, 05:12 PM
I raise this. Sorry, this just seems pretty straight forward.

hypermegachi
06-04-2005, 06:34 PM
raise. no one's folding a flush draw.

donger
06-05-2005, 04:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
raise. no one's folding a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

At 1/2, no one's folding unders. Jack it up!!@!@! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

spydog
06-05-2005, 05:19 AM
Pot is still pretty tiny so I'm not concerned about protecting a hand on the flop. My equity isn't going to change much from flop to turn so why not wait until the turn to raise for value? If someone is on a small flush draw don't we want them calling 2 BBs cold rather than 2 SBs cold? I call this and pop the turn.

etizzle
06-05-2005, 05:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
no one's folding a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

let this never be mentioned again in reference to a post about limit hold them

donger
06-05-2005, 06:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pot is still pretty tiny so I'm not concerned about protecting a hand on the flop. My equity isn't going to change much from flop to turn so why not wait until the turn to raise for value? If someone is on a small flush draw don't we want them calling 2 BBs cold rather than 2 SBs cold? I call this and pop the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

CO may check the turn. I wouldn't get too fancy and raise while I still have the chance.