PDA

View Full Version : I tipped a cart....

kerssens
06-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Golfing on Thursday morning, the grass was still a bit dewey. I'm driving through the rough going down a hill and a squirrel darted in front of me. I hit the brakes and ended up spinning down the side of the hill. I hit a patch of mud that stopped my momentum and tipped the cart on its side. It was fun and recommend finding dewey hills, hit the brakes on a cart and twirl down the hill.

Frequitude
06-04-2005, 03:25 PM
I did this one dewey morning. Me and my buddies were trying to do donuts and we hit the cart path mid-spin...

augie00
06-04-2005, 03:43 PM
My friend Dawn did this exact same thing while riding in a golf cart on her friends' farm. Her leg was hanging over the side, and when the cart tipped, hello Mr. Compound fracture. She was in a wheelchair for 3 months.

I do NOT recommend finding dewey hills.

mostsmooth
06-04-2005, 03:45 PM
i flipped one on purpose once. went straight up the side of a fairly high hill, stopped at the top, put it in reverse full speed down the hill backwards. cut the wheel hard near the bottom. i escaped uninjured, my buddy cut his knee open pretty good, im pretty sure he went to the hospital.

kerssens
06-04-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My friend Dawn did this exact same thing while riding in a golf cart on her friends' farm. Her leg was hanging over the side, and when the cart tipped, hello Mr. Compound fracture. She was in a wheelchair for 3 months.

I do NOT recommend finding dewey hills.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why there is a warning on the carts to keep your arms and legs inside the cart.

kerssens
06-04-2005, 03:47 PM
While I'm on the subject, I'd like to share my favorite thing to do while driving a cart for some reason. I like to drive close the fir trees and make the branches smack my passenger in the head.

Swede
06-04-2005, 03:57 PM
BTW, has anyone seen that Jackass episode where they totally effed up such a cart? That was hilarious.

Russ McGinley
06-04-2005, 03:59 PM
I dunno about episode, but that was in the movie. Knoxville almost got killed when the cart missed landing on his head by about 2 inches.

Swede
06-04-2005, 04:07 PM
You´re right, it was the movie. Didn´t realize it was that close to someone getting killed though, kinda takes the fun out of it. Glad he made it.

Slacker13
06-04-2005, 04:12 PM
My buddy one day got the cart going as fast as it would go and grabbed a big vine from a tree and pulled himself out of the cart while it was moving. What he didn't realize was how close he was to the water and the cart ended up in the lake. Needless to say we got the hell out of there.

kerssens
06-04-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My buddy one day got the cart going as fast as it would go and grabbed a big vine from a tree and pulled himself out of the cart while it was moving. What he didn't realize was how close he was to the water and the cart ended up in the lake. Needless to say we got the hell out of there.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the fool-proof system that most courses have for checking out carts I'm surprised they couldn't find you.

trying2learn
06-04-2005, 04:21 PM
i grew up on a golf course (my dad's in the buisness), and my brother and i flipped a cart screwing around when we were 9 & 12. he saw it from the golf shop.

worst. beating. ever.

Slacker13
06-04-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With the fool-proof system that most courses have for checking out carts I'm surprised they couldn't find you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a course that was getting ready to close for condo developement. We shot straight to our car with my buddy hanging onto the back of our cart. Unloaded the gear and the hell out. I think if he had payed with a credit card he most likely would of gotten charged. We found out later they can charge as much as $800 to get the cart out of the water.