PDA

View Full Version : So I just spent my first night in jail....

LotsOfOuts69
06-04-2005, 02:56 PM
Got pulled over for DWAI, spent the last 12 hours in the drunk tank with no food and no sleep and crazy drug dealers. I guess it could've been worse but I learned my lesson.

Feel free to share your stories....

--LoO

trying2learn
06-04-2005, 03:00 PM
there's been a thread on this before - but it's always entertaining.

i was in one night for not paying two traffic tickets and so they went to warrant.

it was hands down the longest 14 hours of my life - and i got out fast because a friend of mine (highway patrol) saw me going in and helped to get me through the process quicker.

sorry to say - i had another traffic ticket go to warrant a few months ago before i finally paid it.

sometimes i can be the laziest person on the planet.

BeerMoney
06-04-2005, 03:05 PM
I'm not sure what DWAI is, but I wonder why people drive drunk? Haven't we all heard enough horror stories to make us realize what can go wrong with this.

Spending a night in the clink, and paying some fines is getting off easy.

This isn't an attack, I hope you don't have a ton of buzzkill [censored] to go through, but this stuff amazes me.

Rushmore
06-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Picture the scene in Goodfellas, after Henry gets pinched for selling stolen cigarettes, and he goes to court, and he comes out, and Paulie and everybody are there, and they say...

"Hey! You broke your cherry!!!"

That said, stop drinking and driving. Believe me, it's dumb, can screw up your life, and is really childishly selfish.

BeerMoney
06-04-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is really childishly selfish.

[/ QUOTE ]

I left that out of my post. The thing I don't understand, is why people aren't cool with just crashing on a couch or something... Or also, when there's a sober person there, and they still insist on driving. Human stupidity at its finest.

Rushmore
06-04-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The thing I don't understand, is why people aren't cool with just crashing on a couch or something... Or also, when there's a sober person there, and they still insist on driving. Human stupidity at its finest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back when I still did it (and OH, did I DO it), I think I never thought I was drunk. I also don't think I gave a sh*t about anyone but myself.

I was an imbecile and assholic both at the same time.

mmcd
06-04-2005, 04:07 PM
When you're a little drunk you're "sober enough to drive", and when you're really drunk, you just don't give a [censored]. It's only the area in between where people are capable of deciding not to drive.

trying2learn
06-04-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When you're a little drunk you're "sober enough to drive", and when you're really drunk, you just don't give a [censored]. It's only the area in between where people are capable of deciding not to drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a great point. i wasn't good at not drinking and driving until i started making decisions about it BEFORE i get drunk. even if it's on that 5th or 6th drink when you say to yourself, "yep, gonna be one of those nights"...you need to decide to shut it down then - not later, because it doesn't seem to work that way.