PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

dacubbie
06-04-2005, 02:02 PM
Well, after realizing how ridiculous it was that I was using a $500 monitor and a $5 keyboard and mouse I decided to make an upgrade. Looking for a good wireless keyboard and mouse, anyone have any suggestions?

cthomer5000
06-04-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, after realizing how ridiculous it was that I was using a $500 monitor and a $5 keyboard and mouse I decided to make an upgrade. Looking for a good wireless keyboard and mouse, anyone have any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

I cannot rave enough about the Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman. It took me a couple of days to get comfortable using it, but I haven't looked back since. It basically completely eliminates wrist strain. Also, the batteries (2x AA) last quite a while, probably 3+ months easy.

link to the product: (you might be able to search for a better price, i just wanted to link to the exact model).
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=383571&CatId=540

Sadat X
06-04-2005, 02:39 PM
Costco has a Microsoft combo on sale June 13-19. It'll cost you $40-50 with the coupon.

TheNoodleMan
06-04-2005, 03:40 PM
i have the microsoft wireless optical desktop 1000. It cost me about $50 and was well worth it. I especially like being able to kick my feet up on the desk and type with the keyboard on my lap.
I must warn you that you must exercise some discipline when you take a bad beat, as your mouse will now be a fully functional airborne projectile should you chose to use it in such a manner.

AsiaKurosawa
06-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Logitech LX700 wireless keyboard & mouse combo-- mouse's receiver is also a charging station so no more need for AAs (or dead mice). LX700 at Newegg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16823126159)

Newegg's price has been up & down on it, lowest I saw & bought at was $65, it's at $74 now ($99 at beastbuy).

Absolutely love it.

RED_RAIN
06-04-2005, 05:32 PM
The logitech MX1000 mouse is thee mouse you have to get. I don't know about wireless keyboards.

TStoneMBD
06-04-2005, 05:34 PM
check out johnny boom boom's avatar. its a picture of the latest mouse on the market. $80... its wireless but you can use it in the air like a video game gun, or just like a regular wireless mouse. pretty savvy.

BottlesOf
06-04-2005, 05:39 PM
Heh, here it is.

I just made a post like this in OOT. There are basically 2 options for guys like us. You get Logitech's desktop suite which includes the MX1000, their top of the line wireless mouse and whatever ergonomic keyboard (also wireless) comes with it.

Or, you get the same thing from gyration (check out gyration.com) which allows you to pick the mouse up and use it liek a pointer. I just bought the one in my avatar, but just the mouse. I bought it at CompUSA, so if I don't like it I can easily return it. If I do like it, they include a coupoon so I can get the matching full keyboard. At Best Buy and some other retailers they only sell the mouse with a compact keyboard sans the numerical keypad, which I need. The two options are about the same price in the 120 range.

To the OP--Feel free to post or pm me if you have any questions.

cbfair
06-04-2005, 06:17 PM
I have questions - especially since you just got it:

1. how easy have you found it to control while multitabling?
2. Is it precise?
3. Does your wrist get tired from always flexing it this way and that?
4. Is all this covered in OOT? Maybe I should look there first.

cbf

BottlesOf
06-04-2005, 06:21 PM
My concerns were discussed in the OOT thread, and some people who have it weigh in. Most ppl support it, one person said I should go the Logitech route.

My wirelss mouse is currently charging (it's supposed to charge for 9 hours before use) SO I haven't actually used it yet. When I do, I will answer your questions.

cbfair
06-04-2005, 06:54 PM
Thanks, I read that OOT thread a week or so ago but haven't been able to track it down since. Will you post a link for my and others benefit?

thanks,

cbf

cbfair
06-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Sorry, I'm an ass.

here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=2535656&Fo rum=,,All_Forums,,&Words=&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Ma in=2532623&Search=true&where=&Name=3298&daterange= &newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodypre v=#Post2535656) is the thread.