PDA

View Full Version : mike sexton a true champ

BADDAWG
12-30-2002, 02:31 AM
ive read all these post about masons comments insulting mike sexton, mason you are stooping pretty low to insult mike sexton this way, are you just a bitter loser? i personally know mike sexton and the last thing he has done is damage his reputation. he has really brought party poker a long way, sounds like mason you are just jealous of mike sexton.ive been at party poker since day one and no other site can compare to the multi tourneys they offer and the pp million, so just get a grip mason and lay off mike, maybe you are one of the hundreds of fish i clean everyday at party poker

CreamPuff
12-30-2002, 03:35 AM
I have no bias towards Mason or Mike (don't know neither one personally)
, but have to defend Mason on this one.

For one it should be clear to anyone who has seen
Mason play, he is not a loser..Tight-ass maybe.

Your right , he has done a lot for PartyPoker.
Your also right, that his reputation hasn't been
damaged by this little incident..Not even close.

The two of them really are not even comparable.
Mike S. has been more active in the promotion,public-speaking side of
poker, with emphasis on tournament play.

Mason is more knowledgeable in gambling/poker theory.

But the main point is that Mike unwittingly attempted
a cheap plug for the PPM. When it was deleted, he made
the BIG mistake of attempting to redfine the phrase
"good value" and in the process insulted the intelligence
of most readers on here (I myself found his attempt
quite humorous).

What Mike should be doing, is frequenting 2+2 and RGP,
and responding to the feedback on a regular basis,
instead of popping up now and then to plug his site.

Mason Malmuth
12-30-2002, 04:46 AM
Hi C..P..:

I agree with what you say. In addition, I do view Mike Sexton as one of the good guys in poker.

However, I think that in this instance he mispoke and didn't mean to say exactly what came out about the Party Poker Million II. Now with that being said, virtually everyone I spoke to who was knowledgeable about last years tournament indicated that it was a very worthwhile event. I suspect that this year's event will be even better.

So that's the reason, plus the fact that for a small investment you do have a shot at a lot of money, why some of you may want to attempt to qualify through their Internet tourneys. The value thing was just off base.

Best wishes,
Mason

Mason Malmuth
12-30-2002, 04:53 AM
Hi again C..P..:

I just want to comment on this a little bit. You wrote:

The two of them really are not even comparable.
Mike S. has been more active in the promotion,public-speaking side of poker, with emphasis on tournament play.

Mason is more knowledgeable in gambling/poker theory.

I've actually been more active in trying to tell cardrooms how to operate better than most people think. Some of our publications, such as the Professional Poker Dealer's Handbook reflect this, and wherever I am, I usually talk to the poker room managers, and they do listen to me. Of course that doesn't mean that they immediately run out and do what I say.

So even though Two Plus Two is certainly about gambling/poker theory. It is also about much more. And making poker rooms better, and this includes Internet rooms as well as the B&M kind, is one of our goals.

Best wishes,
Mason

crazy canuck
12-30-2002, 07:11 AM
Mike Sexton regularly posts on RGP and answers questions. It would be nice if he would do the same here...and if Mason is a fish than I must be a huge whale.

Mike Sexton
12-30-2002, 08:43 AM
BADDAWG, I appreciate your kindness and support. I actually have no problems with Mason or most of his views. In this case, we disagree if he doesn't recognize the PartyPoker.com Million as the greatest value in poker (speaking of major tournaments). I believe (without question) that it is.

I'm certainly not mad at anyone and I welcome opposing views on any issue.

Mike Sexton