PDA

View Full Version : Aces gone to waiste,again

Biloxi
06-04-2005, 12:55 PM
BLAH

Jakesta
06-04-2005, 12:57 PM
You can't have it both ways, you know. You can't be mad when they all fold yet also be mad when 5 of them call your raise and one of them hits two pair or a straight. You have to take the good with the bad, and the fishies will bleed their money off to you, unless you are playing badly, in which case you going broke is not just a possibility, but a virtual certainty.

I strongly suggest that you drop down to the lowest possible limit that your poker site offers, until you understand these fundamental concepts of poker. You will get KILLED at higher limit games if you are still bitching about people coldcalling your raises with junk.

In fact, I suggest that you withdraw your money from whatever site you are playing on, and go play at Stars .02/.04. No sense in wasting your money when you don't have a grasp of poker fundamentals.

Or, you could move up to $10/$20 where people "respect your raises".

The choice is up to you.

Biloxi
06-04-2005, 01:00 PM
i meant when other ppl raise UTG and half table calls preflop, not when i raise and lose.

Jakesta
06-04-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i meant when other ppl raise UTG and half table calls preflop, not when i raise and lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh?

[ QUOTE ]
Almost everytime I get aces im in early position at micro table. So I raise to get rid of any bs hands and everyone folds! yet other hands, the whole table calls raises when i have nothing. should i slow play them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Other people, eh?

Seriously, just play straightforward ABC poker. Limp re-raising is stupid at most low limit games. Raising Aces offers the best expectation for you.

Biloxi
06-04-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Almost everytime I get aces im in early position at micro table. So I raise to get rid of any bs hands and everyone folds! yet other hands, the whole table calls raises when i have nothing <font color="red"> as in RAGS preflop</font> . should i slow play aces?

[/ QUOTE ]

DrunkHamster
06-04-2005, 01:06 PM
Why are you raising rags preflop anyway?

Jakesta
06-04-2005, 01:07 PM
Listen, I don't want to argue with you about bullshit semantics. If you want to spend your time doing that then be my guest. I am here to help you.

[ QUOTE ]
also these tools are slowplaying EVERYTHING. when i have trips they pull a house. and check it the whole way even the river!

[/ QUOTE ]

Now look at this quote above. If Villains want to do this to you, then you should welcome it! THEY ARE SAVING YOU BETS BY PLAYING PASSIVELY WHEN THEY HAVE YOU BEAT! Would you prefer they play back at you when you have a good but not great hand? Give me a break.

I think your real problem here is that you have a fragile ego and cannot stand when people play their good hands passively against you. But that is a question for the psychology forum.

Biloxi
06-04-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you raising rags preflop anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

omg lol i didnt think it was that hard to understand try this one:

1. I have aces and raise, everyone folds PF. should i slowplay them?

2. When OTHER ppl raise( I FOLD&lt; NOT EVEN IN HAND) many ppl call.

there

DrunkHamster
06-04-2005, 01:10 PM
I was actually trying to be funny, but nh.

Biloxi
06-04-2005, 01:11 PM
thanks lol ill visit the psychiatrist now.

MrWookie47
06-04-2005, 01:23 PM
I sure cite this post (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=&amp;Number=491819&amp;page=&amp;v iew=&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=) a lot, but it's still good every time.

I was playing at Stars 1/2 the other night, and as others have said, the tables are indeed tighter than a nun's nasty. Any open-raiser would steal the blinds. I went ahead and limped AA UTG, just to see what would happen. I figured my mistake was on the order of 1 SB. If the table conditions are super tight, especially if it is aggressive as well, then going for a limp-reraise is a good play to have at your disposal. Don't use it as your default, by any means, though. The vast majority of tables are better for playing it straight.

As for me, I didn't get the opportunity to reraise another raiser, but I got a 5 way flop, the most people I'd seen in all night. I flopped top set, turned a full house when another guy had trips, and that was that. I'm still probably raising it UTG next time.

Biloxi
06-04-2005, 01:40 PM
Thanks wook you always have a post that feels same way I do.

Fantam
06-04-2005, 01:45 PM
I just thought that I would post this hand to try to cheer you up and show you that not everyone else always does well with their AA hands either.

Also the funny thing about this hand is that like you, I decided to try and be deceptive and not give away the strength of my hand by 3-betting PF.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (8.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ad As (two pair, aces and jacks).
MP2 has Js Jd (four of a kind, jacks).
MP3 has 9c 9s (two pair, jacks and nines).
Outcome: MP2 wins 14.50 BB. </font>

By the way, I dont think that I should have bet the river when the second J fell, but that is not the point of this post.

Just keep raising those AA hands, its good for you in the long run. LOL /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Biloxi
06-04-2005, 01:45 PM
btw...
I just had AKs
flop comes Q 7 2 rainbow
its 3bet by the time it gets to me so i fold and Then its RUNNER RUNNER KINGS LOLOL

anyway he had Q 2

I tried not to break anything and continued to play /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jakesta
06-04-2005, 01:59 PM
Good job not being results oriented. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif