PDA

View Full Version : Closer

Bulldog
06-04-2005, 12:04 PM
Just watched this last night. Forgive me if the answer to this question seems obvious.

Was Alice planning to go back to New York alone even before the writer gave her a reason to dump him? I thought back to scene one when she gave him what turned out to be a fake name and also said she was "on an expedition".

Freakin
06-04-2005, 12:05 PM
That was my impression. She was getting away from her life for a whil. Also, am I the only one who really disliked this movie?

Freakin

MelK
06-04-2005, 12:16 PM
That movie sucked. The only part I liked was when I could watch Natalie on screen. Ignore the plot, just watch Natalie. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dangergirl
06-04-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That was my impression. She was getting away from her life for a whil. Also, am I the only one who really disliked this movie?

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not alone.

BeerMoney
06-04-2005, 02:53 PM
I liked it.

AdamK
06-04-2005, 03:20 PM
This movie took itself way too seriously.
I wouldnt say the stage-play was a comedy, but there was a lot of humour in there. The audience was in stitches in some scenes & although some of the dialogue in the movie seemed the same, i never once raised a smile.

Natalie Portman seemed mis-cast; although i think she is very sexy i just couldn't buy her playing that part. She has yet to do anything decent since Beautiful Girls.

Jude Law just seemed talentless ( which i don't think he is). I have not seen Alfie yet, so he has a chance to redeem himself. Although i think he will have difficulties playing a part originally done by one of the greatest actors on the planet ( but i digress).

The movie Closer sucked.

captZEEbo1
06-04-2005, 06:34 PM
This movie was really good. It helps if you are a fan of these types of movies, and not just Natalie Portman.

jnalpak
06-04-2005, 06:49 PM
Julia roberts is maybe the worst actress EVAH!!!!

Clive Owens is great as his character. From the cybersex to making Julia explain her cheating in the apt to where he tells her shes a slut and walks out to the dr's office when he tells Alfie he banged his girl...BRILLIANT!!

rest of movie sucks it big time.