PDA

View Full Version : Separate dock for poker shortcuts?

sammy_g
06-04-2005, 11:13 AM
I have a ton of poker applications on my computer. PT Hold'em and Omaha, Gametime+, PokerStove, and about a dozen online poker rooms or so. I use these applications frequently, so I have poker shortcuts littered accross my desktop. It's a little embarrassing when another person uses my computer, however. They must think I'm a degenerate gambler. (And maybe I am, but I don't have to advertise. /images/graemlins/smile.gif).

I was wondering if anyone knew of some kind of dock application that would allow me to separate these icons from my normal desktop shortcuts. I would really like something I could show/hide easily. Sometimes I could just turn off when friends or family want to use my computer.

Anyone know of an utility like this?

OrcaDK
06-04-2005, 12:01 PM
I believe the simplest solution would be to make additional windows user accounts. Create an empty guest account, that one wouldn't have your desktop icons etc.

AlexHoops
06-04-2005, 05:09 PM
I have all of my icons in a folder called "poker". When I get ready to play I drag the folder over to the far right side of the screen and a toolbar with all of the contents of the folder appears. When I'm done for the day, I close the toolbar. This keeps my desktop a lot less cluttered.

maryfield48
06-04-2005, 05:12 PM
What is this toolbar of which you speak?

AlexHoops
06-04-2005, 05:38 PM
In windows XP try to drag a folder from you destop to the extreme right of your screen. It will create a toolbar.

maryfield48
06-04-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In windows XP try to drag a folder from you destop to the extreme right of your screen. It will create a toolbar.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope. Just pushes it off the screen.

AlexHoops
06-04-2005, 06:59 PM
Weird... Make sure that you drag it as far over as it goes and then make sure to let go of the button and drop it there. After I drop it is when the bar comes up. Maybe try the other 3 edges on your screen.

rhizome
06-04-2005, 11:50 PM
That's a cool trick. I also had all my icons in a folder on the desktop. Thanks.

maryfield48
06-06-2005, 02:20 AM
Duh. I was trying to do it to an open folder that didn't live on the desktop. Tried it with a closed folder that did live on the desktop and it worked fine. Thanks.

XxDrawingDeadxX
06-06-2005, 10:37 AM
www.stardock.com (http://www.stardock.com), click on object dock. there is a free version you can use or you can buy the good version. Or just look around and i'm sure you can find a free version somewhere...